Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's School Going?

Default How's School Going?

I didn't see a topic for this and I know that most of us Teens and Adults are somewhere between High School and Post-Grad studies so i'm curious...

How's the new semester going?

I'm doing really well for a first year University student, I'm loving every second of it. I'm studying my major in the faculty of Geography and Urban Planning, and looking into minoring in Linguistic sciences. I had a midterm today that I think I did really well in so for that reason, I might be celebrating this weekend

Well, I graduated school back at the end of 2006, but I'm currently a [deferred] university student.

I did my first year last year, mostly to unspectacular results, so I opted to take a year off this year and just get some stuff sorted and give my brain a break from the daily grind.

Even so, next year I will return as a part-time student. But I'll be travelling next year (this year was my working year, I really needed to save as I had fairly little), as well as redoing some courses I want to have a better result in (because I admit I slacked off in them).

It's going ok. I got 1 A, 1 B, 1 C, and 1 D. and I'm doing good in my trip. internship.

All A's like 1 B and a D because I didn't do anywork for the first few weeks in one class(was supposed to switch out, but it didn't happen so things got really messed up)

The days are pretty easy going. Only the first two periods do I really have to do anything, the rest of the day I can relax and catch up on other work. Here's my schedule:
    1st period: Algebra 2
    2nd: Biology
    3rd: German 3 (teacher doesn't believe in text books or homework lol)
    4th: Psychology (all we do is watch movies and she tells us funny stories)
    5th: Graphics class (teacher and I are buddies, I was in her class last year, and she lets me do other work. Oh and it's not a computer graphics class.)
    6th: Photography (My friend and I screw around in the dark room a lot lol)
    7th & 8th: American Studies (It's just an easy class)

Im a sophmore, and I am taking all honors classes. I took all honors last year too, but I was not at all prepared for this year and I thought it was going to be alot easier. I have to start actually studying.

I'm currently a Masters student, and despite the fact that I'm taking only 2 classes, it's a bitch. That, and I'm working half-time for the university and also writing a thesis. Fun times. I've had lots of nights where I'm up until 4-5am and anticipate having many more.

Right now I'm kind of in a tough decision -- I got a job offer for after I graduate, so I could go out to industry next summer. Or, I could stay in academia for now and get my PhD. It's a really hard decision.. bleh. So yeah, school.

At least I still have band . Band rocks.

Shity All you need to know.

I also screwed up both my knees and back so I'm in great pain in PE.

still havnt started...gggrr. (my school is wacked) i leave sunday though, starting my 3rd year of college and really looking forward to it

Well for one thing over here it would be a trimestre (or as we call it, a term). And it being school I hate it. I've been off due to illness, but tomorrow my parents are sending me back whether I am better or not. I was looking forward to going back to school because I was getting NO mental stimulation, but I had forgotten how bad it was. Luckily I teach myself maths because I am so much quicker than the rest of my class, and we never get physics homework (aka I get it done in the lesson). However we are getting tonnes of German homework and I am having difficulty keeping up with it.