Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laws on disposable diapers

Default Laws on disposable diapers

Ok, I read this somewhere. But has anyone read or know where I can find an article on whether or not there will be changes in the laws regarding disposable diapers? Will there not be plastic diapers or disposables in the future? Will it be cloth only in the future? I sure hope not!!

That be bad for the people that live in an apartment and have to share washes and dryers and it be bad for parents too who don't have a washer and dryer. If they were to outlaw disposables, they would have to provide more diaper services for the ones who don't have a washer and dryer.

I doubt a law can be passed against such a firmly placed money making institution , too many peoples pockets would be hurt for a law like that to go through.

I doubt anything like that would pass. I also don't believe it would be constitutional, but it's not like that stops them anyway.

I think your all right! It must of been an assumption from someone I read due to the length of years it takes for those to desolve in the land fields.

I have heard that in New Zealand disposibles are either banned or taxed so high that they are impractical for regular use. But that is an island nation where they actually have to worry about landfill space. But they were probably always fairly expensive because of lack of domestic manufacturing.

I think P&G has lobbied congress in the past to keep the heat off disposables.

I honestly don't know too much about it, but all I say is: Way to go P&G.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    I think P&G has lobbied congress in the past to keep the heat off disposables.

I honestly don't know too much about it, but all I say is: Way to go P&G.
    I agree, Way to go P&G

I dont think anything will change in the future but what i will say that governments will persuade manufacturers to become more enviromentally friendly. I also remember a few years ago the government here in the uk comissioned a study which concluded that there is no difference in the carbon footprint of a disposable nappy compared with a cloth nappy by the time you take into the account washing and drying them in a machine that uses electricty etc

Quote Originally Posted by cp88 View Post
    I dont think anything will change in the future but what i will say that governments will persuade manufacturers to become more enviromentally friendly. I also remember a few years ago the government here in the uk comissioned a study which concluded that there is no difference in the carbon footprint of a disposable nappy compared with a cloth nappy by the time you take into the account washing and drying them in a machine that uses electricty etc
    They've revised that study. The short version is that, if you launder cloth in 60 degree C water and line dry, cloth diapers can be up to 40 percent less impact on the environment.

http://publications.environment-agen...08BOIR-E-E.pdf