5 8.77%
  • Aquarius

3 5.26%
  • Pisces

2 3.51%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Zodiac Sign

Lightbulb Your Zodiac Sign

I'm just wondering if there might be a connection to the ab/tb/dl lifestyle and the zodiac signs. Just random information gathering. :P

I myself am a Pisces.
    February 26

Here's a guide if you are unsure of your sign.

* Aries - March 21 - April 20
    * Taurus - April 21 - May 21
    * Gemini - May 22 - June 21
    * Cancer - June 22 - July 22
    * Leo - July 23 -August 21
    * Virgo - August 22 - September 23
    * Libra - September 24 - October 23
    * Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
    * Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
    * Capricorn - December 23 - January 20
    * Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
    * Pisces - February 20- March 20

Dual personalities and a huge social network to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    I think this video is perfect for this thread.

YouTube - chopper horoscopes

As for myself i'm Virgo.
    I personally am not a believer in most horoscopes, but I am also not a believer in coincidence in most cases. However I do believe in the zodiac traits, because I have studying most of them quite analytically and discovered that most of my friends and myself are nearly identical to these specific traits. Well I guess to each his own... But before you aggressively speak your mind about a subject of astrology that's been around since the beginning of time basically. I suggest you get the facts right as to avoid offending or even making yourself sound less intelligent than you really are.
    This is only half of it... If you want the rest go here. Sun Signs in the Zodiac Astrology Information

Modest and shy
    Meticulous and reliable
    Practical and diligent
    Intelligent and analytical

On the dark side....

Fussy and a worrier
    Overcritical and harsh
    Perfectionist and conservative

Virgo is the only zodiacal sign represented by a female. It is sometimes thought of as a potentially creative girl, delicately lovely; sometimes as a somewhat older woman, intelligent but rather pedantic and spinsterish. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgoan preciseness, refinement, fastidious love of cleanliness, hygiene and good order, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, practical supporters of the status quo, and tend toward conservatism in all departments of life. On the surface they are emotionally cold, and sometimes this goes deeper, for their habit of suppressing their natural kindness may in the end cause it to atrophy, with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and those they do make they are careful to keep superficial.

But the outward lack of feeling may, in some individuals born under this sign, conceal too much emotion, to which they are afraid of giving way because they do not trust others, nor do they have confidence in themselves and their judgments. This is because they are conscious of certain shortcomings in themselves of worldliness, of practicality, of sophistication and of outgoingness. So they bring the art of self concealment to a high pitch, hiding their apprehensiveness about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under a mantle of matter-of-factness and undemonstrative, quiet reserve. They are still waters that run deep. Yet in their unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty, with a good understanding of other people's problems which they can tackle with a practicality not always evident in their own personal relationships.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity, which make some male Virgoans appear effeminate when they are not. In marriage they can be genuinely affectionate, making good spouses and parents, but their love making is a perfection of technique rather than the expression of desire, and they must be careful not to mate with a partner whose sex drive requires a passion they cannot match.

Rawrrr I'ma lion!

The Lion is considered the king of the jungle, and likewise you Leos have an air of royalty about you. Some Leos even have hair resembling the thick mane of the Lion. But Lions are more than roar, for they are truly magnificent beasts. The Lioness proudly cares for the young, hunts and takes care of survival with relentless intent and ferocity, when needed. And proud are you Leo! Perhaps that's why Leo often chooses work that puts you in the center of stage or in the spotlight of appreciation.

Leo are warm of spirit, eager for action and are driven by a desire to be loved for what you bring to others. Leo are a magnanimous leader and a faithful servant. Once scorned in love, however, Leo will withdraw your affections and the light, once brilliant, can go cold.

Leo motto might be "What you see is what you get." You tend to live your live straightforwardly and with a flair for drama. In fact, many Leos are attracted to the theater, the performing arts and public relations, for you truly understand the importance of putting on a good presentation. As you blaze gloriously through your life, remember to take time to acknowledge the feelings of those around you. If you forget, you could unconsciously hurt someone you love. But, if you remain aware your impact, others can benefit from your presence.

Element: Fire
    Fire signs are naturally warm. A fire gives light and heat, but it doesn't get depleted as others feed on its warmth. One candle can bring light to a room and it won't burn any faster if ten people read from its light than if there was only one. Fire doesn't plan it next move; it isn't logical. It simply is in the moment and will burn what fuel is available without judgment or forethought. For this reason fire signs can successfully rely on their intuition and survival instincts.

The fire of Leo is brilliant and intense. It's like the summer Sun that relentlessly shows up every day and whose heat continues to build over a period of time.

Key Planet: Sun
    The Sun is the undisputed King of our little planetary system. He is always in the center. Without his light, there would be no life here on earth. Although the Sun is 93 million miles distant, its warmth is the basis for all energy on Earth. Astrologically, the Sun represents our will. It's like the fuel that fires each of our individual furnaces and gives us cause to live. As the key planet of Leo, the Sun is the symbol of the self and from it stems all individuality and creativity.

Leo Greatest Strength: Your playful and loving nature

Leo Possible Weakness: Need for approval can become too important Wondering how you can maximize your strengths and overcome your weaknesses? Find out more with one of our insightful personalized Birth Reports.
    Now read this part particularily.....

Fifth House: Children
    The Fifth House is directly related to children, but it is also associated with any type of childlike activity. Even grown-ups need to play and this is a function of the Fifth House. In fact, all self-expression and creativity comes from this sector. Additionally, this is the House of Romantic Love. Truly, the Fifth House could be called the House of Enjoyment.
    Interesting huh... considering the type of forum we are on. :P

I find that horoscopes are too vague, which they are supposed to be so whatever they say will happen, because it could be anything... so I don't listen to horoscopes... I'm a Libra BTW...

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

Librans are sensitive to the needs of others and have the gift, sometimes to an almost psychic extent, of understanding the emotional needs of their companions and meeting them with their own innate optimism - they are the kind of people of whom it is said, "They always make you feel better for having been with them." They are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity.

Their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual, though they are usually too moderate and well balanced to be avant garde in any artistic endeavor. They have good perception and observation and their critical ability, with which they are able to view their own efforts as well as those of others, gives their work integrity.

In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship. They like the opposite sex to the extent of promiscuity sometimes, and may indulge in romanticism bordering on sentimentality.
    Their marriages, however, stand a good chance of success because they are frequently the union of "true minds". The Libran's continuing kindness toward his or her partner mollifies any hurt the latter may feel if the two have had a tiff. Nor can the Libran's spouse often complain that he or she is not understood, for the Libran is usually the most empathetic of all the zodiacal types and the most ready to tolerate the beloved's failings.

The negative Libran character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia, seldom angry when circumstances demand a show of annoyance at least; and yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden storms of rage. Their love of pleasure may lead them into extravagance; Libran men can degenerate into reckless gamblers, and Libran women extravagant, jealous and careless about money sometimes squander their wealth and talents in their overenthusiasm for causes which they espouse. Both sexes can become great gossipers. A characteristic of the type is an insatiable curiosity that tempts them to enquire into every social scandal in their circle.

In their work the description "lazy Libra" which is sometimes given is actually more alliterative than true. Librans can be surprisingly energetic, though it is true that they dislike coarse, dirty work. Although some are modestly content, others are extremely ambitious. With their dislike of extremes they make good diplomats but perhaps poor party politicians, for they are moderate in their opinions and able to see other points of view. They can succeed as administrators, lawyers (they have a strong sense of justice, which cynics might say could handicap them in a legal career), antique dealers, civil servants and bankers, for they are trustworthy in handling other people's money. Some Librans are gifted in fashion designing or in devising new cosmetics; others may find success as artists, composers, critics, writers, interior decorators, welfare workers or valuers, and they have an ability in the management of all sorts of public entertainment. Some work philanthropically for humanity with great self-disciple and significant results. Libran financiers sometimes make good speculators, for they have the optimism and ability to recover from financial crashes.
    Possible Health Concerns...

Libra governs the lumbar region, lower back and kidneys. Its subjects must beware of weaknesses in the back, and lumbago, and they are susceptible to troubles in the kidneys and bladder, especially gravel and stone. They need to avoid overindulgence in food and especially drink, for the latter can particularly harm the kidneys.

* LIKES The finer things in life
    * Sharing
    * conviviality
    * Gentleness

* DISLIKES Violence
    * Injustice
    * Brutishness
    * Being a slave to fashion

As with all sun signs, we all have unique traits to our personalities. When these traits are suppressed, or unrealized, problems will arise. However, with astrology we can examine the problem and assess the proper solution based on the sun sign characteristics. As a Libran you may see things below that really strike home. Try the solution, you most likely will be amazed at the results. If you find yourself on the receiving end of the negatives below, it is because you are failing to express the positive.

Problem: Finding yourself frequently trapped in situations that have no depth and little value to you or the other person.
    Solution: Try not to pretend feelings you do not have and find a way to back gracefully out of a superficial relationship; look before you leap.

Problem: You find that you do not really like yourself and/or beating yourself up over not being able to please another.
    Solution: If you learn how to please yourself without depriving others, then you will be able to please someone else.

Problem: The situations that make you ill at ease is only mildly irritating to another.
    Solution: Try to cultivate inner security through spiritual strength and awareness.

Problem: Feeling like you are nothing: your actions being frustrating to others.
    Solution: Developing your feelings of self worth by expressing the positive in your nature and not letting your elitist, class consciousness show.

Your ruling planet is VENUS

Mean distance from the Sun (AU) 0.723
    Sidereal period of orbit (years) 0.62
    Equatorial radius (km) 6,052
    Polar radius (km) 6,052
    Body rotation period (hours) 5823
    (Retrograde) Tilt of equator to orbit (degrees) 2.12
    Number of observed satellites 0

Some more interesting facts about your sign:

The symbol associated with your sign is the scales of balance
    representing the balance that you continually seek in your self and your life. The scales were also
    adopted by our judicial system to symbolize a balance of fairness in the law which is emphasized by 'blind justice' holding them.

The color of choice for Libra is Blue

Your starstone is the precious Sapphire. The Sapphire is one of the most beautiful and sought after gems in the quartz family. It is considered good luck in many ways and one of the major healing stones.
    Last edited by weswissa; 23-Sep-2008 at 15:54.

I'm Aldebaran of the Taurus, I'm a gold knight who is in charge to protect Athena.

I think the whole zodiac sign thing is bunk, but if it didn't exist, then we wouldn't get these funny horoscopes from The Onion:

Your Horoscope | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I'm drawn to this one for some reason: Will you finally get that big job promotion? Is whirlwind romance in the cards for you? Tune in to Taurus next week for all the answers and more!