Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, hello everyone !

Default Well, hello everyone !

Hello !

I am Koda, it's a pretty common nickname, so I usually add 42 after (yeah, il like H2G2) and sorry if there's already a Koda out there!
    I live in France (in Toulouse, a city who gain a sad reputation lately)

I am a biotechnologies major student. I'll graduate in a few months and I'm going to do an intership in the USA.

I am here because.. well, you know why I am here obviously : I'm an AB who likes diapers, plushies, cute things, cartoons, comic book.
    I also love to read and I draw a little.

I am actually a huge fan of cartoons and comic books. I've even organize book-signing sessions with french cartoonists and I've got a pretty good collection of comics ^^
    I also follow a lot of webcomics.

I also like sports. I used to do martial arts (wushu) before I broke a few bones.. because of a fall when I went climbing in the Pyrenees. (I was really lucky, so It isn't very serious but I had to be careful.)

I am here to share my interests in a vivid community and was looking for a few informations on how to get diapers when I'll be in the USA.

PS : and I love ponies. Ponies are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    Hello !

I am Koda, it's a pretty common nickname, so I usually add 42 after (yeah, il like H2G2) and sorry if there's already a Koda out there!

I am a biotechnologies major student. I'll graduate in a few months and I'm going to do an intership in the USA.

I am here because.. well, you know why I am here obviously : I'm an AB who likes diapers, plushies, cute things, cartoons, comic book.
    I also love to read and I draw a little.

I am actually a huge fan of cartoons and comic books. I've even organize book-signing sessions with french cartoonists and I've got a pretty good collection of comics ^^
    I also follow a lot of webcomics.

I also like sports. I used to do martial arts (wushu) before I broke a few bones.. because of a fall when I went climbing in the Pyrenees. (I was really lucky, so It isn't very serious but I had to be careful.)

I am here to share my interests in a vivid community and was looking for a few informations on how to get diapers when I'll be in the USA.

PS : and I love ponies. Ponies are awesome.
    Well here you are brain the size of a planet making an awesome intro, nice to meet you. How'd you get into the H2G2; radio, books or the movie? and which is your favourite?

The only french cartoons I've come across are MoonScoop (love code lyoko) what else is there?

Welcome nice to meet you, hope you enjoy this site,

Thanks for your answers =)

Good french cartoon are pretty rare. Code Lyoko was ok. But, the show has a potential it never reveals. Just look at 'garage kid' (the pilot episode), it was originally supposed to target an older audience with a darker atmosphere.

Other than that, we have Wakfu from Ankama studios (it's still a young studio, so it's easy to meet the ones working there) which has some good reviews (it's flash, the same kind of animation as my little pony : FiM) and the not-so-recent Oban Star Racers is a very good cartoon show.
    In France, we usually are better with short-movies (Gobelins' school, Annecy Festival,..) and with movies (Renaissance, Rabbi's cat, the triplets of Belleville,etc.), but most of our animators just go abroad working for pixar, dreamworks or Disney -_-' (such as David Gilson, Louis Clichy...)

by the way, don't talk about animation or comic book with me because I can be very talkative and get a little carried away :p
    Last edited by koda42; 01-Apr-2012 at 23:42. Reason: forgot something

I promise you I can stand much worse, I live with anime, DC and Marvel enthusiasts you should hear them argue over which is better

I hadn't realised Oban was French ^_^.

I know what you mean about the darker side, series 4 was redeeming but not enough, if that show had been geared for young teens rather than 8-11s it would have been a much darker and more entertaining show all round; the fight scenes were bad and they reused the same clips in dozens of episodes. That said I loved the idea of the story I could really relate to Jeremy, and the other characters only got more awesome as the series continued. It'd have been nice to have had a better ending too, it sort of ended too abruptly and with very little explanation, and why would the kids have ever turned the super computer off there was so much more to explore.

You can really tell that Pixar and Disney have French influences, Beauty and the Beast, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Ratatouille are all very french ^_^ but at least in the UK we don't get many of the shorts or movies

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    Hello !

Welcome! Maybe I'll get a chance to practice my French with you in chat sometime (it's been 4 years since my last French course).

I'm curious, why does Toulouse have a bad reputation?

Sorry for the lat answer.

I'm curious, why does Toulouse have a bad reputation?
    I thought the news spread worldwidly, but lately, we had some shootings attacks in the area. Some people died including jewish kids. It was done by an Algerian man named Mohammed Merah who claimed he got ties to Al Qaeda...

@MCSquared> I agree with you about Code Lyoko. I wouldn't have said it in a better way.
    Oh and fun fact, the college Kadic was based on the "lycée" (high school) I went to :

Welcome, Koda. Very interesting introduction. I loved the area near Toulouse when I visited camping years ago, and found the people really friendly. Before leaving a farm camping ground we were invited by the kind farmer to help ourselves to as many lovely cherries as we could pick from an enormous cherry tree. I have to report that, in a day's climbing in the Pyrenees I was luckily not injured, although I went over time planned and had to make my way down the track by moonlight for the last hour. I like your tagline. Paul.

Nicky10144

welcome