Thread: Diaper Leaks

Default Diaper Leaks

Hello everyone. I'm back!

I have recently been having a problem with my m3 plastic backed abenas. For some reason they leak out the sides more than I thought they should. Can anyone give any advice? I have been wearing regular briefs over them for discreetness, could that be causing it?

How should I have the leg gatherers placed? Just so that they tucked out against the skin?

Hi! Welcome back! How are you applying your diaper? Are you standing up or lying down? If you're lying down, you might be pulling them too tight between the legs, resulting in stretching and gaps.

Try putting them on this way:
    Stand up and pull up the diaper between your legs. Stretch out the wings like you're going to tape them shut, but don't tape them yet. Hold the diaper up in place with both hands.
    Then squeeze your thighs together to hold the diaper up. Hold the front of the diaper with your left hand. Grab the left bottom tape with your right hand (pulling across the body) and tape it shut.
    Switch hands, holding the front of your diaper with your right hand. Pull the right bottom tape with your left hand and pull it shut. Then repeat with the top tapes. This should give you a snug, natural fit without pulling the diaper too tight.

I wear a diaper one size larger than I might wear. This way the wings from the front of the diaper extend all the way to the padding in the back. That helps a bit. Still, diapers will leak, especially when I sleep on my side or sit awkwardly. For those times I wear a terry-lined plastic pant over my diapers. No diaper leak has ever gotten beyon that "insurance policy."
    How much do you weigh, by the way? Try a large size, if you can get some samples.

Quote Originally Posted by BachBrahms View Post
    Hi! Welcome back! How are you applying your diaper? Are you standing up or lying down? If you're lying down, you might be pulling them too tight between the legs, resulting in stretching and gaps.

Try putting them on this way:
    Stand up and pull up the diaper between your legs. Stretch out the wings like you're going to tape them shut, but don't tape them yet. Hold the diaper up in place with both hands.
    Then squeeze your thighs together to hold the diaper up. Hold the front of the diaper with your left hand. Grab the left bottom tape with your right hand (pulling across the body) and tape it shut.
    Switch hands, holding the front of your diaper with your right hand. Pull the right bottom tape with your left hand and pull it shut. Then repeat with the top tapes. This should give you a snug, natural fit without pulling the diaper too tight.
    Thanks for the advice. It seems I was tightening them too much. That solved the problem.