Thread: Tales of Graces F

Default Tales of Graces F

Hey, I've been a long time 'Tales of' series fan, the type that considers herself a big enough of a fan to actually follow sites specifically dedicated towards producing news about the series.. and have been so happy that they are giving the U.S. market another chance and just this month, in the US, released the game 'Tales of Graces F' for the PS3. It's coming to my European friends soon.

I got it on release day, after pre-ordering it to get the goodies and have been really enjoying it and I was wondering if there was any other Tales of fans that were lurking around.. anyone else who has played perhaps a Tales game in the past and didn't realize that Tales of Graces F had managed to reach our shores or even people who might be willing to give this amazing game a shot.

I already find myself playing it a second time, and already have plans for my next couple of playthroughs. I'm really excited. <3

Info about it:

It's a JRPG, which have been really absent on the PS3's library of games and some people might think for good reason.. which I totally respect but I'm not one of those people. The story has plenty of the tropes you are familiar with in the genre, and while isn't pushing the envelope with them is far from not entertaining.. there are plenty of great moments and is just the kind of storybook story that you can smile after. It's got plenty of genuinely funny moments and the voice acting is wonderful.

However, when it comes to a game I know you play it for the gameplay and that's where Tales of Graces F truly shines. If you haven't played a 'Tales of' series game then you don't know they were one of the first ever unique action RPG's way back on the SNES and this venture might be their most action packed and depth yet. From evolving your characters the way you want them to a fighting system that keeps you on your toes and int the action, the gameplay makes the experience an all around enjoyable one.

I have Tales of Vesperia... for Xbox. They really don't seem to care for the Xbox market. They released Vesperia unfinished, then didn't even release the "new" characters (one of which is in the game, just not playable) as DLC. I wanted to play as Flynn, but apparently that's not allowed unless you have a PS3. Last time I checked, they weren't even releasing the PS3 one outside Japan. Guy I'm living with bought Tales of Graces, but none of the characters interest me. Either I think they look stupid, or I don't like their play-style. I don't have a PS3, so I don't plan on buying it, though I might consider buying the next one if I like the characters better.

I'm still bitter with Namco about how shafted I was with Vesperia on the 360... not sure I'll be buying another Tales of game, to be honest. Which is a shame, I loved Symphonia and quite enjoyed Legendia.

I say that, but I'd totally buy Tales of Rebirth if they ever bothered to localize it. Which won't happen, granted, but hey, you never know I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I'm still bitter with Namco about how shafted I was with Vesperia on the 360... not sure I'll be buying another Tales of game, to be honest. Which is a shame, I loved Symphonia and quite enjoyed Legendia.

I say that, but I'd totally buy Tales of Rebirth if they ever bothered to localize it. Which won't happen, granted, but hey, you never know I guess.
    Honestly.. they did pretty much the same thing with Symphonia and then Symphonia's Director Cut of sort port to the PS2. I don't know if would really look at it as something that Namco did, more then something Sony just always has done. They have always been adamant that if it's going to a multi-console game, they want something unique and special for their own. Capcom's new fighting game can show that pretty obvious that it's not a Nmco Bandai thing as much as it's just they way Sony does it's business with third party I think it all probably comes todwn to money, that Sony pays for these kind of privileges. That being said, I am glad that I didn't buy the 360 version (always been anti-Microsoft though so I lucked out on that one) because it just wouldn't be the same knowing that Patty is taken "out" of that version. Heck, the game we are playing now is the updated and more complete version of the one that was originally released in Japan the Wii. The rule of the game is, only buy them on Sony consoles.. apparently.

The only way to get localization is to buy the games and prove the English market is still worth investing in, it seems a shame to not buy them especially if you did indeed like them. The only way Rebirth or any other Tales of game has a chance of coming there is if we prove that they can make money. I'm personally hoping that they get enough sales from not only Graces F (did pretty good from everything I've read) but hopefully what would be coming next was Xillia, then if it does good too to feel like maybe even bringing the Vesperia PS3 port over here could be doable, it's all still a possibility and I just love the games.. it's my favorite series and I really want the ability to play them.

Also, I'm sorry about your complaints towards the game Zephy even though I personally liked all the characters and their play styles, and just find myself still replaying the game. Xillia's cast looks amazing, so if they bring it over I have a feeling you might like it more.