Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to keep clean when wearing 24/7

Default How to keep clean when wearing 24/7

I was wondering what routines people have to keep themselves clean when wearing 24/7. I wet every night and have the odd full accident in the day, but mainly just dribbles and small amounts of pee. I do not use my diaper for solids.

I use baby wipes to clean myself whenever I change my diaper, plus I also use baby moisturiser around my nappy area each time. I have recently shaved my public area, before that the hair was trimmed short. This has made keeping clean easier. I also bath/shower very frequently.

Does anyone use any special products that they have found effective?

TheSpecterPrincess

Baby powder. Really great for wicking away wetness, especially if you're going to be wet for a period of time. Other than that and what you've already mentioned I can't think of anything.

Whats the easiest way to get rid of hair around "there" as I don't feel comfortable shaving as I have never shaved down there as well as I can't really see down there because of my gut as well as not very flexible any more due to gut and back injury?

I am not sure the benefits of shaving outweigh the disadvantages - it's a matter of personal preference but with good standard hygiene in anything other than a very hot climate I wonder if it is worth the bother - especially if access is difficult.

TenaTim

I only use baby wet wipes (those from Pampers are best) and baby creaam when needed. Nothing special.

I thoroughly wash the diaper area once a day in the shower and use baby wipes at every diaper change. I also use an electric body hair trimmer to keep the pubic hair clipped very short, but not smoothly shaved. I've found that washing the area any more often or using any other products (such as baby powder or lotions) heightens the risk of rashes.

I typically use the same products mentioned, but still, the "pee smell" can remain.

I recently started using Old Spice body wash, and it seems to take away the smell.

The best thing to keep you skin smelling sweet is to have a bubble bath just like a baby would. Soaking and playing in the tub allows your skin to get much cleaner then just a quick shower. I myself have a bath before bed time and getting into my overnight diapers. Then a quick shower in the morning before I go to work.

Regular bathing when one has time to, other than that a frequent flannel wash two or three times a day works. A good long soak in the bath is a fave for me too. I sometimes use a Zinc and Castor cream around that area for soothing sores and I love the scent too.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Whats the easiest way to get rid of hair around "there" as I don't feel comfortable shaving as I have never shaved down there as well as I can't really see down there because of my gut as well as not very flexible any more due to gut and back injury?
    You could try hair removal cream. Or at the worst case, go to a brazilian waxing place.