Thread: A little awkward

Default A little awkward

It wasn't much, but my sister sent me a text while I was at work saying she was showing my niece, who is a little over a year old and has taken to saying my name a lot, her swim diapers and my niece said "(my name), on". The only response I could come up with quickly was "wth"? After work when I saw them both my sister pressed it trying to get my niece to say it again. I just slowly walked away while my sister was distracted.

I read this several times and I am still not sure what was said.
    Can you restate this?

sounds like when his baby niece was shown a swim diaper, she said "(bugatti) on." Strange that she would associate the OP with a swim diaper but that could mean practically anything.

Wuffy

Yes... I do assume he meant that the child was taught to reference the OP and diapers as his sister's ''joke''(?)

Not sure what you mean but my best guess is that you sould not worry,a child's memory resets after 3 years of age...So you have two years to come up with a excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bringer View Post
    sounds like when his baby niece was shown a swim diaper, she said "(bugatti) on." Strange that she would associate the OP with a swim diaper but that could mean practically anything.
    You would be correct

Quote Originally Posted by HarukoWolf View Post
    Yes... I do assume he meant that the child was taught to reference the OP and diapers as his sister's ''joke''(?)
    She was not taught this, she just did it randomly. However, when my sister kept getting her to repeat it while I was there, then it became a bit awkward for me.