Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I am a furry or just crazy?

Default Think I am a furry or just crazy?

I love animals. When I was 4 I wanted a sibling and my dad got me a dog and she was always known as "My sister" I growl when I'm angry and occasionally hiss at people I wet the bed once and started referring to it (in a joking way) as "I was marking my territory" I sniff things before I touch eat them and I have various other animal behaviors. Am I an unaware furry or just crazy? Lol

Cygnus

The Furry Fandom is a subculture, whether you're a furry or not is all up to you. All you have to do is associate yourself with the community and you're a furry.

As Elum pointed out there is no secret to becoming a furry. We aren't some exclusive club with a membership based on behavior, or something that you will do, or something that you like. A furry is defined by your own personal view, if you want to be a furry, then classify yourself as a furry.

As for the "general" definition of a furry, many people seem to agree, or come close to agreeing on the definition of "interest in anthropomorphic characters."

Some of us furries even consider that we are part animal. So expressing animal-type behavior has been seen before.

Well being furry and being crazy go hand in hand...or at least they do for me.

jkolol

Quote Originally Posted by vittoriaYvictory View Post
    Some of us furries even consider that we are part animal. So expressing animal-type behavior has been seen before.
    Probably that, but definitive not crazy.

Sounds like you are a furry to me. I do similar things and have done for many years. Do you wear a collar yet ?

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

For sure, I am more than half Tiger, at least in my mind I am. I know that I am a human on the outside but a fursuit helps me to be more like who I am on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Well being furry and being crazy go hand in hand...or at least they do for me.
    Haha...I heard that :P

SkarTiger

It's not a genetic thing that's imprinted on you so there is no distance YES or NO to wether you are a furry but I have a lot of animalistic behaviour patterns myself only you really can decide that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    As for the "general" definition of a furry, many people seem to agree, or come close to agreeing on the definition of "interest in anthropomorphic characters."
    I think this would be the most general and agreeable term for being a furry. This is what I've seen over and over again when the topic of "being a furry" is discussed and nobody seems to argue with that.