Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has probably been asked a million times...

Default Has probably been asked a million times...

Hey, so I was wondering if I could fit into like, say, Goodnites, Drynites, and Underjams. I know they are child diapers and whatnot but hey, they're a bit cheaper and they'd make me feel more baby-ish.

I do not know exactly how much my waist size is, but I can fit into a medium cushies/SDK (which is size: '32-'44) So I'm not sure. Any proper way to measure one's waist? Any tips, thoughts, anything? Or am I wasting my time?

Yea this thread comes up a lot.

Let me put it to you this way. Over a year ago, I bought 3 bags of Goodnites. I still have 2 and 1/2....

They do "fit" a skinny adult body, with probably 34 or less waist.

The problem is, they are completely designed for everything to be smaller. The absorbency is so low, I'd compare it to paper towels before other diapers. They are also extremely small, and tend to fossilize your "gentleman's sausage" quite badly. As a result, comfort is not too good. The sides tend to stretch also, making the fit looser over time, that may or may not be a bad thing, though.

There is one good thing about Goodnites. Its party piece, in fact. The cloth coating can be removed very easily to "convert" them to plastic backing, unless that changed with the new ones.

Overall, I'd say its a waist of time. They are cheap though, so give em a shot to be sure.

Yep, i agree with the above poster. I have a 32 inch waist and they fit me fine, but if you are 'well endowed' down there, it can be super uncomfortable. I still have 3/4 of a pack left as well that ive had for a little over a year.

I don't think they are worth it - while they will fit, they do not leave any extra room and will leak easily unless you pee in a very slow and controlled way. They lack enough coverage to make them effective - but they can look cool. Just not practical.

I think you'll be fine fitting into them as far as your waist is concerned. My main issues when it comes to products like those is that they are incredibly tight underneath.

Ok, so then I should at least try the Goodnites? Are there any other store brands besides Depends that would be a good diaper?

Sadly no. I've always pretty much worn Goodnites and Depends. They are about as good as it gets if you go with store brand. I haven't ever before been able to order online. It wasn't until this week that I finally got diaper from online. And let me tell you, OMG! I'm not going to get Depends ever again. There are so much better, more absorbent diapers online. Now I know that not everyone can get them. If you get a chance, for a birthday or Christmas or something take any money that you get, and put it on one of those disposable credit cards that you can get. And order the stuff online.

Ah, well then that sucks..... What online brands would anyone suggest? I've ordered before but only like Cushies and SDK's (Super Dry Kid's)

Quote Originally Posted by James707 View Post
    Ok, so then I should at least try the Goodnites? Are there any other store brands besides Depends that would be a good diaper?
    I actually prefer the store brands significantly more than depends. Unlike depends they are not plastic backed however I like being able to fix the velcro like tabs until it fits just right and being able to take it off if I need to poop or if I don't want to wet it. I find that the tape diapers are just much better than the pull-up style.

AFAIK CVS and Walgreens store brand are the same inside the package and I wouldn't be surprised if Rite Aid was also the same.