Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incontinence and ABDL

Default Incontinence and ABDL

I was Wondering if anyone knew what the statistics are between incontinence and ABDL is. I see to find that a lot of people who are incontinent turn to the AB world and embrace it. I am wondering cause I am going to be talking to my mom about this soon and kinda would like for her to see that a lot of us with IC turn to AB. So if anyone has an idea please let me know.

That's a good question that I don't think anyone can answer. Meaning, I'm pretty sure there has not been an adequate survey to answer it. I've seen posts on IC forums that bash ABDLs and I've read about IC people that have embraced or at least used ABDLs to accept their situation. My personal feeling is that there are probably a lot more IC people who want nothing to do with ABDLs than the other way around. For example, here in the U.S. there are literally millions of adults who have some form of incontinence and, yet, the majority of them probably are not ABDLS. On the other hand, I read a survey once (which I don't think was completely unbiased) that stated about half of people who saw themselves as ABDLS had some form of incontinence as children (usually enuresis).

I don't know about AB, but I would wager a good many become DLs if only to cope with the situation at hand. Better to like it than hate it or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I don't know about AB, but I would wager a good many become DLs if only to cope with the situation at hand. Better to like it than hate it or yourself.
    Yes and it is not fun whit wet pants or bed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I agree with your comment irataliw Whilst I am ic first and foremost i also consinder myself a slight dl aswell because while i dont find wearing fun i do find it comforting safe in the knowledge that if i do have an accident that it will be ok and also wearing is more comfortable/ covenient for me than an alternative solution and its not that bad afterall. I have heard another ic forum that abdls may be good for ic people as they more fussy about their diapers. I have also seen on this same forum ic people discussing bambino diapers. What i would say is that abdls do very good reviews of nappies/diapers
    Last edited by cp88; 24-Mar-2012 at 12:39. Reason: poor grammar

Yes I agree with your comment as well irataliw. As my ic got worse I discovered that my DL side became stronger. I was a bedwetter as a kid and I did pretty good till about a year ago when I went to 24/7 because it was just easier. My bf has been ic since birth and he's recently become more open about his AB/DL side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbaby View Post
    Yes I agree with your comment as well irataliw. As my ic got worse I discovered that my DL side became stronger. I was a bedwetter as a kid and I did pretty good till about a year ago when I went to 24/7 because it was just easier. My bf has been ic since birth and he's recently become more open about his AB/DL side as well.
    so you and you BF are in diaper 24/7 now?

@pikachu Yes we are. He has always been 24/7 since his bladder never fully formed. And the doctor thinks my ic stems from stress and multiple surgeries and my bladder has gotten weak. I don't mind being 24/7 at all. I like it. (guess that's why its called DL lol)

Yup lol. It helps to deal with the stress too..