Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Wearing Makes You More Healthy

funseeker

Default Diaper Wearing Makes You More Healthy

My hypothesis is diaper wearing people drink more fluids. They know the color of their urine and when it is dark they drink more. They can relax and have less stress when wearing diapers because they know they will just let go in their diaper when they have to go. Letting go is very natural for the body when it takes its own course which means less anxiety on the body. How many glasses of water do you drink? I usually try for 8 a day. This is a lot of hydration with water but is it good for you?

Asher

I don't really think you need a diaper to gather some of the information you listed above (I most certainly can tell the color of my fluids when I use the bathroom).

As for "letting go" being natural, this has been actively discussed on this site, and I would say it has been proven false. Though it is not good for you to hold your bladder for too long, we are biologically designed to hold it for an extended period of time.

As for the 8 glasses a day, it is a myth. The number is more like 5-6, but it completely depends by how much food you eat and how much you exercise and move about. Here's some Snopes for you: snopes.com: Eight Glasses of Water a Day

But the diaper can make you more relax and make life little bit easy.

AmbezeSubHealth

Incontinent people often avoid proper hydration for fear of peeing their pants. Their urine becomes very yellow. They get headaches. The put themselves at risk of dehydration and health problems that go along with being regularly dehydrated. These are the people who would benefit most from a diaper.

Bed wetters could get hydrated before bed with less worry. They would also benefit from diapers.

I think diaper wearing can lead to dry beds. With a diaper on you can do bladder stretching exercises and sphincter strengthening exercises. The diaper will act as a spotter so that when you can no hold it any longer it is your diaper that gets wet not your pants. This would be like if you couldn't do one more bench press and the spotter helped you put the weight in the holder. You would have to worry about holding it till the kidneys get damaged which can be felt. Also need to make sure the diaper isn't on to tight when you pee.

A summer vacation with a few diapers would equal a lot of future sleep overs without worry. Sleep overs without worry equals happier social life.

I often enjoy your posts funseaker.
    Last edited by AmbezeSubHealth; 20-Mar-2012 at 09:58.

I gotta say I agree with one part of this. If I'm not wearing a diaper, I tend to really cut down on fluids. This was (is?) my strategy for getting through... well, anything where I wouldn't have guaranteed immediate access to a bathroom. Long bus ride? Just don't drink water. Long class or exam? Don't drink water. Going on a field trip or long car trip? No water. In fact, better dehydrate the night before. I did most of this when I was a kid/teen and didn't fully understand why it is bad to be dehydrated (other than the fact that it made me feel kinda ill). Unfortunately, the dehydration method is still the only way that I can seem to have a bathroom usage frequency that approaches that of a normal person. Seriously, I used to be made fun of in school for this and it made the above mentioned circumstances more difficult/unpleasant than they should be.

So yeah, in certain circumstances a diaper is very, very useful and makes me a whole lot less stressed. There's still the need to change to avoid leaks, but with a decent diaper and normal levels of hydration (and preferably no caffeine), changes can occur more on the frequency of 4-8 hours instead of needing to run to the bathroom every 0.5-2 hours.

DrunknFox

Quote Originally Posted by AmbezeSubHealth View Post
    Incontinent people often avoid proper hydration for fear of peeing their pants. Their urine becomes very yellow. They get headaches. The put themselves at risk of dehydration and health problems that go along with being regularly dehydrated. These are the people who would benefit most from a diaper.

Bed wetters could get hydrated before bed with less worry. They would also benefit from diapers.

I think diaper wearing can lead to dry beds. With a diaper on you can do bladder stretching exercises and sphincter strengthening exercises. The diaper will act as a spotter so that when you can no hold it any longer it is your diaper that gets wet not your pants. This would be like if you couldn't do one more bench press and the spotter helped you put the weight in the holder. You would have to worry about holding it till the kidneys get damaged which can be felt. Also need to make sure the diaper isn't on to tight when you pee.
    Citation needed. I think you're just making up BS to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    Citation on what specifically? It's a reasoned post and most of the information can be found anywhere online or in print.

1: Drinking less water is unhealthy and causes your urine to become acidic, which can damage your skin. People with incontinence issues do tend to avoid fluid in take.

2: Kegal exercises are recommended to anyone with bladder issues. You can find these in any book or website dealing with pregnancy since women with babies do have problems holding their bladder.

3: As for the kidneys bit, that could be questionable. But rather than acting like a back seat moderator, you could cite that specific instance by deleting the rest of the post and that would be a proper way to ask for citation. Not making comments like, "You're just making up BS to argue".

DrunknFox

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    But rather than acting like a back seat moderator, you could cite that specific instance by deleting the rest of the post and that would be a proper way to ask for citation. Not making comments like, "You're just making up BS to argue".
    Well then a citation would be recommended for his post, for more clarification.
    It would be better if everyone did this. It's great when users include them in their posts.

It's a pretty intuitive post if you consider the everyday scenarios that most IC people face. Take a moment to consider how horribly wrong their day goes if they start to leak.

I thought this was interesting
    http://incontinence-pants.info/manag...ink-more-water

For those who don't need or want them, sorry, but they are not going to improve their health. For persons with disabilities who need them, they will help with functioning but otherwise, no direct health benefits. Sorry, but I just don't agree with funseeker on this one.