Thread: Plastic Pants Advice

Default Plastic Pants Advice

Hey guys lookin for a little bit of advice. Last night I went to put on a pair of my plastic pants and noticed the plasic had seperated from the waist band in one place and from one of the leg bands in one place. This struck me off guard as I have only worn them a handfull of times as I only got them a month ago. I bought them from angle fluff diaper company and they are Gary brand. Is this a common problem? Any Idea what could have caused this? Looking for any advice as I dont want this too happen to all my plastic pants.

It happens to the best of us. You can try to fix it by stitching the plastic/rubber part back to the waste band. As far as preventing this from happening I would say maybe finding some of a better quality or maybe taking better care of them, although I know I took really good care of mine and it still happened.

The oil from your body will deteriorate most plastic pants, though I understand, not PUL. After I wear my plastic pants, and this would usually be while I sleep, I wash them in the shower when I take my shower. I use dish washing detergent to emulsify the body oil. I get months out of my Leakmaster plastic pants. I put them on a plastic hanger and let them air dry.

I use those chinese ones from ebay and they are so cheap it really don;t matter how long they last.

im currently waiting on a Japanese style plastic pants made of breathable pul

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbaby View Post
    I bought them from angle fluff diaper company and they are Gary brand. Is this a common problem? Any Idea what could have caused this? Looking for any advice as I dont want this too happen to all my plastic pants.
    aside from the issue of the quality of the pants, how tight did the pants fit over your diaper and/or around your legs and waist? you may need to size up.

i have some [trainer] pants which seem similar to the brand you mention and a potential issue, which may present itself as ripping or separation, stemmed from the skinny elastics used. the elastics are too narrow to sometimes have allowed for the proper stitching together of the elastic and the plastic with the addition of the plastic not being able to be sufficiently folded to create a secure surface to be stitched.
    with mine (bought over-sized, for me), i removed the original elastics and fitted them with elastics taken from cheapo underpants, making all necessary corrections in the process (including, enlarging the leg-holes). much more comfier, though less leak-proof with the material used.

should you buy any more of these (or even if your current ones can be saved), i'd advise to buy over-sized and to fit enclosed elastication at the legs, and you then have your choice of the same for the waist or to fit with a fabric elastic, for comfort and dependent upon your use.

Quote Originally Posted by rova View Post
    I use those chinese ones from ebay and they are so cheap it really don;t matter how long they last.
    Snap some of the plastic pants off eBay in china are better than the ones you can get in the USA / uk

funseeker

The best plastic pants I have found are Euroflex. They just do not wear out. The legs may stretch out a bit after many months of wearing but they are wonderful. I have found them on numerous sites but the best price is Changin Times Diaper Company. You can get them in colors for more money but Changing Times Diaper Company only offers the clear plastic pants.

I've never had that happen with Babykins plastic pants. They have thicker and thinner plastics and such. With designs and without. Some fun colors. The works. These are my mainstay plastic pants.