Thread: New kid on the block

Default New kid on the block

Hello all! My name is Eli, and I'm new here. (big surprise, yeah?) I know the sticky said not to include too much personal information like age and location, but I feel my age atleast is a big part of who I am right now. I'm 21, so I've recently become an adult, but I don't feel like an adult yet. For sure I feel too old to be a kid anymore and don't think the same way I did when I was a teenager, but I feel "adult" is a super broad category I'm not ready to classify myself as. I'll mention I'm currently studying Mathematics at UC Davis in California on the off chance someone local might be interested in meeting up in a relatively public place. Nothing more specific than that, though.

In addition to being a future math professor, I identify myself as an adult baby. Because of living circumstances, I don't get to partake very often, but when I do I even play with plush toys, wearing diapers, drinking from a bottle, sucking on my pacifier, etc. I have a girlfriend who does a little mommy stuff for me but mostly considers herself a babyfur. I'm looking forward to meeting some nice people and talking seriously about things I can't talk about with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xSpectreD View Post
    I'm 21, so I've recently become an adult, but I don't feel like an adult yet.
    The human brain doesn't fully mature until we're about twenty-five. I know this for a fact because I remember being twenty five and suddenly having a better understanding of my actions and their consequences. Mind you at 29 I still have the emotional maturity of a kid in high school (no that is not my "age play") so it gives credence to the adage, "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

I'll mention I'm currently studying Mathematics at UC Davis in California on the off chance someone local might be interested in meeting up in a relatively public place. Nothing more specific than that, though.
    Plenty of Californians on this site, but there's definitely no rush to meet up with anyone. I might take exception to your choice of profession but that's only because I hate math vehemently. I'm glad you're still in school and working your way towards a career that's meaningful to you.

Too many people go for the safe career paths. They go for a major they fell in love with and then they switch when they find it won't make them any money. I find it's very rare to find people who are truly doing what they love inspite of the "economy". Although I suppose a professor of math won't have any trouble with the numbers as far as money goes.

I'm looking forward to meeting some nice people and talking seriously about things I can't talk about with anyone else.
    Welcome to the forums. New blood keeps the place alive and I hope you stick around.

Thanks Sean.

I'm actually not a huge fan of math either. 3 Months from graduation, I attend less than 20% of my lectures, and I've only enjoyed maybe 1 or 2 of my classes. What I really love is teaching. Math is just what I'm good at. People understand me when I explain it, so it's what I have to do to teach on the level that I want to.

Welcome hope you should have a nice time here

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xSpectreD View Post
    Thanks Sean.

3 Months from graduation, I attend less than 20% of my lectures, and I've only enjoyed maybe 1 or 2 of my classes. What I really love is teaching.
    Einstein never went to half of his classes. Look what he accomplished.

If you'll forgive the expression, it sounds like you have most of your shit together, even if you do occasionally need a diaper to hold it there.