Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Hospital

Countryboy95

Default In the Hospital

Im currently at STL Childrens hospital with severe chest pain and trouble breathing. Im also a bedwetter and i dont wear protection (parents dont think its frequent enough) and i was wondering would the hospital ask for me to wear protection if i keep on wetting?? i wett like 3-4 nights then dry a night or two then repeat.

First, I hope things are improving with your health issues. If you are worried about wetting the hospital bed, talk with your nurse, and see what they recommend, it may just be a washable underpad, or nothing at all since the mattresses are likely waterproof. Maybe you'll get a diaper, but don't get your hopes up until you see it!

I hope it's nothing too serious & you are back home soon, take care & get well soon!! I'll keep you in my thoughts & I hope you'll keep us updated on your condition!! **hugs**

AmbezeSubHealth

I hope you get diapered.

Get well soon.
    When I was really little 5 or 6 I spent some time on a children's ward after having sliced my back open (long story for another time), there were older kids there in diapers at bed time no one made any fuss about it, I felt sort of odd one out not being or wanting to be in one; I couldn't tell you if they were 10/11 or 14/15 all big kids looked the same when I was that small.
    So anyway if it were me and I wanted to try diapers for the first time while in hospital I'd 'accidentally' wet one night and then discuss it with the nurse who came to wake me up, they may suggest something intermediary as most kids wouldn't want to go strait into nappies and would want a chance to prove themselves. If your going to try it be aware they are going to talk to your parents about your problem so if its twice a week at home it can't be most nights in hospital or they'll notice something is marjorly wrong, they'll also discuss any action like putting you in a diaper before they will be allowed to do it. If your parents aren't down with the diaper thing when you've left the hospital maybe suggest that because of it's low frequency maybe you could try the pull-up type, and point out you can wear the same pull up for a week or until you wet whichever comes first, and if it doesn't work or isn't helpful it's only a one off and if it does then see if they'll keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy95 View Post
    Im currently at STL Childrens hospital with severe chest pain and trouble breathing. Im also a bedwetter and i dont wear protection (parents dont think its frequent enough) and i was wondering would the hospital ask for me to wear protection if i keep on wetting?? i wett like 3-4 nights then dry a night or two then repeat.
    At three to four nights out of five or six, really, if your there during that time, then they may. If that happens, they'll probably discuss it with your parents first, and if they let them, then you will. But if your parents don't let you when at home (though in my opinion four nights wet and two dry qualifies for diapers), then I'm not sure they'd approve of it while in the hospital, lest you get used to it or something. Anyway, I hope you get well soon .

~Hal0ispwnd

If you are up for it, how about and update on your chest pain. My better half is a genius medical professional and she is curious and concerned why a sixteen year old is having Chest Pain with Difficulty Breathing. To quote "Never-mind about the Diaper, whats up with his heart?!" Was you chest pain post trama, like a fall or M.V.A. or did it occur suddenly? How are you feeling today? We are always worried about kids who hurt or sick so if you are up for it, let us know how you are doing.

Countryboy95

Im still having the chest pain but i wet the bed for the first time and they said nothing so hopefully it is NOT going to be a big deal.

Hospitals, especially children's hospitals are pretty used to patients being in diapers at all ages, so I don't anyone there would think twice about giving you diapers if you asked for them. Problem is, your parents might find out about it, but that is a separate issue.