Thread: Being an overgrown kid... thoughts on my AB side

Default Being an overgrown kid... thoughts on my AB side

As I get older and I think about my AB and little side which has been allowed out more these days since I moved into a bigger apartment has helped me out with a lot of the stress factors in my life.

I've found being little helps me deal with the stresses of living in an adult world I never was fully prepared for. I was forced to grow up fast in my first apartment because I had to be more mature than the college kids around me, even though when I first moved in there I was at their age- I was 20- Yet, I had to be more mature because I didn't want trouble.

I think making the move I did into another apartment and going back to diapers was a smart move. It's all how one controls it. For example, I love being BOTH a grownup and a child.

Another factor in how I feel these days is the fact that I am away from a majority of what was causing my stress. I am away from constantly drunk college kids, the constant smell of marijuana- which I have nothing against but it DOES get tiring smelling it all the time, plumbing problems caused through an aging high-rise complex, constant games of car-alarm tag and constantly seeing the cops crawling all over the place.

I think getting away from that stress is helping me relax and be little more. I think nothing at all of carrying my blankie around my new home or my whale, Dee Dee- who pretty much lives on my couch during the day- and having access to a lot of my old toys from when I was a kid, seems to help me out too.

I am careful though with things as I keep my curtains closed if I am playing baby or am in my little mode- I'm not THAT dumb lol.

I feel like the stress factors have dropped considerably since I've been able to let my little side out more, but keeping it in check so it does not overtake my life like it has other people.

I feel like it's ok to let your little side out if you can and do it within reason the way I have been to avoid trouble with management or my personal life. I want to just live my life to the best of my abliities and enjoy BOTH sides of the coin, being an adult and an AB.

I think I'm starting to accept things more and more in life since a lot of stress-factors are out of my life.

WildThing121675

Fayte

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    my whale, Dee Dee
    Dee Dee is my name!
    Well, it's Destiny, but in little mode, I'm called Dee Dee. xD

Cool- I named my whale after one of my best friends growing up.

WildThing121675

I can commiserate with you. In the last two apartments I lived in back in Washington state, I became obsessed with noise. Thanks to an obnoxious neighbor, I would always fear that I would hear them and it would ruin any chance at relaxing, even if they weren't being loud. While I was able to cub out at times, since I was always anticipating noise, I could never relax enough to truly enjoy it as it was meant to be.

Now that I have a house, I can let go much more than before. It's allowed me to escape to that much more pleasing mindset on a more regular basic and as such, I feel more complete. ^^

Good for you WildThing121675 I am currently in the situation that you just left! And it gets very tiring! I was kinda fun at first to be on my own and living with a bunch of other young crazy people but i certainly gets old. I am currently in a college owned apartment complex and share an apartment with three other roommates. They have parties all the time! The little privacy I do have in my room that is the size of a closet has allowed me to slightly better explore my ab side than when I was living at home. But due to the size of my room I am pretty much limited to lying in my bed and have no room to play!!! Deffenently looking forward to moving in to a calmer bigger apartment, but we all gotta get through these crazy college days!!! Again congrats on the new apartment. Hope you have fun!

Flyingbaby

I suppose that's one of the nice things about being an older college student, not having to live in the noisy dorms.
    I had my fun with all that when I was in the Army. While on base every night and on weekends it was nonstop drinking, vomiting from the balconies. I lived in High rise apartment on base and fighting. There was drug use as well but it was a lot more subdued due to unannounced drug tests but trust me it still went on. It became old rather quick.
    As for now I also own my home and can come home after classes and go into baby mode although I'm planning on applying to Medical School soon so I might not be able to keep this up for much longer.
    Last edited by MeDisneyBaby; 14-Mar-2012 at 10:03.

Sounds like living there was hard and now you are finally away from it. You get a star for putting up with it for 16 years. I deal with my neighbor playing loud music below me all because there are elephants above him. That is how he described the sound and honestly it's hard to walk in my apartment without making it sound like there are elephants up here. You basically have to tip toe and that is hard, especially if you have a baby to chase after. While we can't help our walking, you can help how loud you play your music.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    As I get older and I think about my AB and little side which has been allowed out more these days since I moved into a bigger apartment has helped me out with a lot of the stress factors in my life.

I've found being little helps me deal with the stresses of living in an adult world I never was fully prepared for. I was forced to grow up fast in my first apartment because I had to be more mature than the college kids around me, even though when I first moved in there I was at their age- I was 20- Yet, I had to be more mature because I didn't want trouble.

I think making the move I did into another apartment and going back to diapers was a smart move. It's all how one controls it. For example, I love being BOTH a grownup and a child.

Another factor in how I feel these days is the fact that I am away from a majority of what was causing my stress. I am away from constantly drunk college kids, the constant smell of marijuana- which I have nothing against but it DOES get tiring smelling it all the time, plumbing problems caused through an aging high-rise complex, constant games of car-alarm tag and constantly seeing the cops crawling all over the place.

I think getting away from that stress is helping me relax and be little more. I think nothing at all of carrying my blankie around my new home or my whale, Dee Dee- who pretty much lives on my couch during the day- and having access to a lot of my old toys from when I was a kid, seems to help me out too.

I am careful though with things as I keep my curtains closed if I am playing baby or am in my little mode- I'm not THAT dumb lol.

I feel like the stress factors have dropped considerably since I've been able to let my little side out more, but keeping it in check so it does not overtake my life like it has other people.

I feel like it's ok to let your little side out if you can and do it within reason the way I have been to avoid trouble with management or my personal life. I want to just live my life to the best of my abliities and enjoy BOTH sides of the coin, being an adult and an AB.

I think I'm starting to accept things more and more in life since a lot of stress-factors are out of my life.

WildThing121675
    I can really relate to what you're saying here. Stress is a huge thing that makes me want to regress for a while! For me, it helped me deal with a lot of really stressful stuff in my life - instead of getting angry at myself or others, I let it go for a bit, and go back to an easier time. It's really amazing how a temporary escape from stress can make it go away, or at least easier to deal with!

And I can relate to your feelings on loud college kids. All those nights in college being unable to sleep because the street below me was insane were not fun. Being able to regress would have been nice back then. Babies don't have to deal with the nonsense.