Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Age uk nappies?

Default Has anyone tried Age uk nappies?

Hello there,

Has anyone tried the Age UK Maxi Absorb nappies? The maxi ones hold up to 4060 ml - is this good? I've got some samples arriving tomorrow.
    I'm having some bladder issues at the moment, especially when I'm travelling so I want one that is going to hold as much as possible.

No I haven't... but I do use Abena X-Plus with booster pads, they work great let us know how you get on with the Age UK samples, good luck

How long do the Abena X Plus last? I need to be able to wear it for a while.

They can last a good while, and hold quite a lot, especially with a booster pad - I drink a lot of water, as in litres of the stuff. Abena X-Plus are the best I've ever tried and I'm sure there are a lot who will agree with me. How long do you need to wear for?

At the moment, I'm wearing all day. I got the boots pull ups and they are awful so I'm having to change a lot. It is when I travel that I worry about leaks.

Abenas are the best I've had, I've only attempted to push them to their limits once and they held fantastically, 9 pints of cider easily fit into doubled up Abenas and the rears were bone dry and no leaks

Quote Originally Posted by MCsquared View Post
    Abenas are the best I've had, I've only attempted to push them to their limits once and they held fantastically, 9 pints of cider easily fit into doubled up Abenas and the rears were bone dry and no leaks
    Wow. Maybe I'll have to try those then! Thanks

Glad to have helped, although I it's only fair that I point out I've only really tried the X-Pluses, Abri-forms (also Abena) and Drynites and the Drynites were a disaster

Hi Leah,
    They must be one of the few brands I have not tried. Curious to hear your feedback once you receive them. If you are indeed in the London area, and near Wigmore Street, 'John Bell & Croydon' have most of the Tena products on the shelf. I would recommend you try the more discreet Tena Flex Maxi, or full-on max protection Tena Slip Maxi. They will provide very reliable protection. Cost just under 20 quid.
    All the best
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Leah1234 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Age UK Maxi Absorb nappies? The maxi ones hold up to 4060 ml - is this good? I've got some samples arriving tomorrow.
    I'm having some bladder issues at the moment, especially when I'm travelling so I want one that is going to hold as much as possible.
    just been trying to find a review of them, with no luck. but, a lot of associated photos show the Lille product, so.....?
    anyway, if you get some pics up of the ones you get, that'll be great.

absorbancy-wise, be wary of the claimed capacities (and bear in mind that 4060ml is going to be about 4kg - imagine having that hanging between your legs). different manufacturers rate their diapers slightly differently; the main difference being between a 'technical capacity' and the real-world capacity. technical capacity is determined by simply lying the pad flat and then evenly soaking it until fluid seaps out. since it's the easiest way of measuring how much a pad can hold, it's often the most used figure, but it in no way reflects the real world capacity; like, you can scrub a quarter of the figure instantly as you will easily not use the full length of the pad, and more comes off when gravity is taken into account.....and more when pressure [from your body] is also accounted for.

anyway, see how they are and you can do the first review