Thread: PSP won't update- keep getting an error message

Default PSP won't update- keep getting an error message

A few years ago, I was given a PSP by some friends of mine before they moved to Oregon and I recently bought some newer games for it and I hadn't updated it since I got it. I don't have a PS Network membership, handle or anything so I just use it to play when on the road or what have you-

Anyway; the situation is this- I go to update and I get the message that says 'System Configuration is Not Correct- Contact Customer Support'- so I need help with the system configuration.

Anyone else have this problem with their PSP before? I was given this PSP as a gift and I have no idea if it was hacked or homebrewed or what that might cause this error message. I really want to play my copy of MLB 11 The Show.

Any help would be appreciated.

PSP Firmware Update Cannot be Started |

i'd advise trying that.

Also turn on the PSP scroll to the left most side, then scroll down to System settings and check what firmware the PSP currently is. Then post that here.

Theres a LOT of firmware's for PSP even officially and about 2-4 different custom "hacked" ones. On mine (a psp-1000, a launch PSP) I have it set up to run official latest firmware then a "game" I run to flash it to a CFW (coustom FirmWare). Doing the latter let's me run EBooker which can read PDF's and txt files. It also let's me play NES and SNES games. lastly I got a better media player for watching videos.

essentially making it the best of both worlds.