Thread: That One Song...

Default That One Song...

That one song you have so much respect for, that you can affiliate so many memories with, and that you have to pick as your all time favorite song (or one of them).

Story of the Year - Holding On To You - The Constant (NEW ALBUM 2010) - YouTube

Incredibly underrated masterpiece with emotional lyrics, a powerful combination of instruments, excellent buildup, and chilling atmosphere. I think this is the greatest song I have heard in my life. I've been addicted to it for over two years now. No song can match the memories and emotions I associate with this song.

Anyway, post your favorite song and why you love it so much.

There's almost too many:

XTAL - Aphex Twin
    Electric Counterpoint - Steve Reich
    Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
    Karma Police - Radiohead
    Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
    Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles
    Holocene - Bon Iver
    Windsurfing Nation - Broken Social Scene

Each song I listen to has some sort of memory attached to it. I can't even begin to think of all of things I associate with these songs. That's the beauty of music; sometimes its just unexplainable (and there's beauty in that).

Mine are kind of lame and I can only really think of two.

Patrick Stump - "This City" (ft. Lupe Fiasco) - YouTube
    I'm Not Gonna Cry with Lyrics - YouTube

I chose them because This City effectively describes my life in my hometown. Actually I'm growing into that role. My bosses (read my about me and see if you get it) have introduced me to many of the bigger names in my town. I am friends with the local radio station's owner. I am on a name basis with a few of our county commissioners. I teach my old schools drumline, thus making connections for when I graduate and start teaching. I'm only 18, this is only the start of something more.

I'm Not Gonna Cry because it reminds me so much of my school life. I remember the exact thoughts i was having, smells of the stadium, mumblings of my peers, sounds of our band, and so much more during my graduation. I remember all the great Friday night football games, the pep rallys, the classes, funny moments, etc. I thoroughly loved school because of that.