Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there actually people who don't like music?

Default Are there actually people who don't like music?

I remember an American Dad where Roger makes a smart ass remark to some girl he's dating about he likes music. Anyway, are there people who don't like music, is that even possible? I swear most people would think that's weirder than a fetish or unorthodox lifestyle. And by not like music, I mean ALL music. Not "I hate the new music that's coming out", legitimately does not like to listen to any music. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone if you don't like music, but I swear it's not possible.

I have a friend who has like 50 songs on his iPod, he doesn't like music, I think he listens to it when he's exercising. He doesn't dislike music, he just doesn't like it.

I can name people that don't listen to it, but nobody that hears music and wants to die. I used to not be big on it either

A guy I knew at college was completely indifferent to music. He didn't have a Walkman or one of those new-fangled high-tech portable CD player things (am I showing my age here?).

There wasn't any music that bothered him either (e.g. cheesy pop). He just ignored it all...

I can't imagine life without music. Music sometimes seems capable of transcending normal communication and lifting the spirits when all else has failed...

sounds like my sister when im listening to icp.

My floks did not beleave in entertainment, no radio or TV in my early years and we saw only one move out at a driive-in as a family in my entire growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear206 View Post
    Along with about 99% of the rest of the world's population of humans and animals. :P

Anyways I haven't met a person that hasn't liked at least some music. Even a deaf kid from high school liked it.

Your reaction: "What the hell fire2box that doesn't make sense, you freaking liar!"

Umm, he liked being able to feel the bass.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear206 View Post
    Yeah only juggalos like ICP, so that is a very small minority.

I was indifferent to music for ages, once I stopped liking the pop music played on the radio I was kind of left with no sense of musical direction which was kind of disappointing but then I saw the Guitar Hero 3 advert and really liked the song in the background, looked up the lyrics and started listening to Velvet Revolver and then Guns N Roses and then more classic rock and then started watching Kerrang/Scuzz and listen to rock and metal now. If you don't know what sort of music you like then you tend to feel indifferent to music because you don't feel anything.

I don't dis-like music. I really just don't listen to alot of it. Don't get me wrong, there are several songs that I like to listen too. But I don't listen to music very often. If I'm listening to something on my iPhone, it's normally a pod-cast or something like that. I don't really like "talk-radio", but that really the stuff I listen too most.

I guess my avoidance of most music goes back to just growing up on a farm. When I was driving tractor or combine, the radio stations would play the same songs each hour. To break up what I was listening too, I started to bring comedy tapes, books on tape, and listen to news radio stations. So I slowly started to listen to less actual music and more, people talking. Now that's pretty much all I listen too, unless I'm in a really good mood, and want to hear a few songs.

I never understood people who consider listening to music a waste of time. It's not like you have to clear your mind and focus only on music while doing a task. It's background noise. It's always put me in a better mood when I'm feeling down. It boggles my mind how someone could see a downside to it.