Thread: Sizing question

b1gbaby

Default Sizing question

I just got my tax return (yay!) and I wanted to treat myself. I found some panties on Amazon (Amazon.com: Hanes Girls Bikini Assorted 9 Pack Sketchy Hearts 4: Clothing) thatI wanted to buy. I just have a question about women's sizing.

I'm 5 foot, 9 inches, 140 lbs with a 28 inch waist. According to Amazon's sizing chart, I should be a size 7/8, but I'm skinny enough to fit into size 6. Should I buy the size 6, even if they're a little tight (especially around my junk)? Or should I go larger?

Also, I'm thinking about buying one more pack of diapers. I've tried girls Goodnites and love them. How do Underjams fit compared to Goodnites. Also, would it be possible to fit into Pampers size 7?

I would follow Hanes' sizing chart, not Amazon's. Women's sizes aren't standardized throughout the industry, so it's always best to go straight to the manufacturer. Make sure you get the right measurement (hips =/= waist, for example, so note which measurement they ask for) and I'd definitely go with the size that the chart says will fit you. You might gain a little extra space for your man bits, but if it'll only come at the expense of having the garment hang loose about your waist, it's no deal.

No idea about Underjams; if they're sized like GN's (likely), go with the largest size. The pampers will be a stretch (mind the pun) but if you're into squeezing yourself into a diaper thong, you'll have a blast. Personally, I think they're just expensive stuffers, and I'd rather go with a size 6 if given the option. Size 7 is bigger, granted, but not by any tremendous margin.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gbaby View Post
    I just got my tax return (yay!) and I wanted to treat myself. I found some panties on Amazon (Amazon.com: Hanes Girls Bikini Assorted 9 Pack Sketchy Hearts 4: Clothing) thatI wanted to buy. I just have a question about women's sizing.

I'm 5 foot, 9 inches, 140 lbs with a 28 inch waist. According to Amazon's sizing chart, I should be a size 7/8, but I'm skinny enough to fit into size 6. Should I buy the size 6, even if they're a little tight (especially around my junk)? Or should I go larger ? ...
    The panties you were looking at are Girl's panties, not Women's, don't confuse the sizes for Girl's panties with those for Women's sizes. A Girl's size 14 is equivalent to a Woman's size 4, a Girl's size 16 is a Woman's size 5. If these were traditional Girl's Briefs, I would quess that you could fit into the size 14's, but you are considering a Girl's bikini-cut style panty. A bikini style panty is much more narrow in the crotch, I don't think even the size 16 will fit you without you ' hanging-out ' of the leg opening on one side or the other. I would suggest that you shop for Women's sized undies, if you want the bikini style panties.

b1gbaby

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    The panties you were looking at are Girl's panties, not Women's, don't confuse the sizes for Girl's panties with those for Women's sizes. A Girl's size 14 is equivalent to a Woman's size 4, a Girl's size 16 is a Woman's size 5. If these were traditional Girl's Briefs, I would quess that you could fit into the size 14's, but you are considering a Girl's bikini-cut style panty. A bikini style panty is much more narrow in the crotch, I don't think even the size 16 will fit you without you ' hanging-out ' of the leg opening on one side or the other. I would suggest that you shop for Women's sized undies, if you want the bikini style panties.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gbaby View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Go for the 16 since those are girls. I would recommend going for a brief instead of bikinis. Make sure there is enough fabric to cover boy parts.

b1gbaby

Thanks for all the info. I spent some more time researching and I bought my first pair of panties last night!

I bought Walmart.com: Hanes - Women's Cotton Brief Panties, 6-Pack: Intimates size 8.

Also, I found a *deal* on Walmart's Web site: 2 12 packs of girls Goodnites for ~$18, which is what I almost paid for one 12 pack on Amazon and about the same price as the store.

MY goodies are supposed to arrive early next week when I'm on spring break. I guess that means my spring break will be filled with excitement.

I think you made a wise choice, b1gbaby. The size 8's might be a little bit large, but they will be sure to fit. I hope you have a wonderful spring break.

Wow you should have plenty of room I am usually a women size 8-9 and I am 5'10" 270lbs, with 40" waist and a size 8-9 is generally not overly tight on me but just enough to hold the tuck. I think you will be happy with your choice though they should fit rather roominess on you and be quite comfy with out the need to tuck. Enjoy your spring break we are just finishing up ours here.

Those are a nice set of colors. I'm 5'10 195 and think i'm about a 7/8 but have some cute 6's i bought my mistake i'm trying to get down to hehe