View Poll Results: What age did you first learn that it takes actions between a male and female to create babies?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 3 Years.

5 6.33%
  • 3 Years

0 0%
  • 4 Years

3 3.80%
  • 5 Years

7 8.86%
  • 6 Years

9 11.39%
  • 7 Years

6 7.59%
  • 8 Years

3 3.80%
  • 9 Years

5 6.33%
  • 10 Years

14 17.72%
  • 11 Years

14 17.72%
  • 12+ Years

13 16.46%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Age you learned "Birds and Bees"

Default Poll: Age you learned "Birds and Bees"

I wanted to ask people who post to please keep it clean. You all do a good job, but the reason I ask now is to make sure this feed stays in the unprivileged forums.

I myself learned from my sister (who passed away in 1997 at age 26) when I was 9 and she was 11. She was into a "duhhhhh" tirade because I didn't know what she was talking about when she described adults being "cutsie-talking" before ... (dot dot dot)

I was about seven when I was told that "Mommy and Daddy made me together".

Yeah, I'm going with 7 also, but I'm not sure that's correct. This wasn't really a defining moment of my childhood, so I don't have any related memories to help date it. But, like BandNerd's parents, mine gave me some extremely abstract explanation about men and women "making" babies, and that was about it. And I don't recall being interested in more details.

I never even had this talk. I just knew it right off the bat. I assumed everyone did, and the talk was complete Hollywood. By the time 5th grade rolled around, we were all joking and laughing at sex.

teddybear206

i come from detroit boy, i learned this at 2

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I never even had this talk. I just knew it right off the bat. I assumed everyone did, and the talk was complete Hollywood. By the time 5th grade rolled around, we were all joking and laughing at sex.
    Pretty much the same here, my parents never talked to me about it. Pretty sure I was in the sixth grade when I figured this out. Many people thought it was funny to talk about sex and whatnot.

There's no "Never learned" option. LOL I had to figure everything out at school, and it happened over several years.

I think the poll's a little ambiguous. Strictly speaking, I learned that babies are the joint product of male and female bodied people when I was about 6 or 7, but I didn't know exactly how that all worked out until I was about 9, when I figured out the gist of it rationally, and I wasn't properly exposed to the topic until I was 10. There was never any of that "stork" business growing up in my home -- I was told about egg and sperm from the start, it's just all the details about how the sperm gets to the egg were left out.

Think my first sex ed class was in 5th or 6th grade. My parents would of been horrible at "the talk. But since I only lived with my dad (still do) it would of been more weird then telling him about being TB.

When my mum and dad told me I was having a little sister when I was 2 I asked the inevitable question where do babies come from, they bought me the book Let's Talk About Sex by Robbie H. Harris it got me through my sex ed classes too ^_^