Thread: Hey, new to the community...

Smile Hey, new to the community...

Hi all,

I'm new here, but not to diapers. I'm a 27 yr old female, live in the UK and have a "respectable" job in one of our emergency services. When I'm not working (which is most of the time!) I'm a keen cycler and swimmer, and a total bookworm.

In terms of why I'm here, I've loved diapers and being "babyish" since I was a child. I indulged in this quite a lot during my years at uni, enjoying the freedom of not living at home. However I completely dropped it all for 3 years after meeting my partner (except the thumb sucking!). Now, the feelings of want have returned, and whenever he's away (which is a lot... military man) I spend quality time enjoying wearing nappies again. Today is the first day I've branched out a bit into other baby things (the nappies are the main attraction for me), and am enjoying a nice dummy this evening...!

It's mixed for me, I'm disappointed in a way, to have come back to this after so long not needing/wanting it. But then the other half of me enjoys it so much I think, where's the harm? However this is not something I feel I could share with my partner, so here I am to find some like minded people.

Dreamer xx

Welcome, I'm pretty new here and havent gotten around to contributing I havent worn diapers in five years but am getting ready to buy some high quality diapers (parter of the reason I joined here). Anyway, I know exactly how you feel about coming back. It is pretty exciting though. Cheers!

Welcome back! yeah, I know what you mean when you talk about having split feelings between being disappointed, and happy about coming back to it. Over all though, there is nothing to be ashamed of, its just your connection to a way of finding comfort, and it seems to me, probably has come back because of the frequent absence of your partner, that's just my guess. Anyhow, i'm sure like most of us, you have found that these type of emotions are pretty well stuck with you, and that in all things considered, its just a bunch of fun.
    Enjoy your nappies, and Adisc

Welcome Dreamer, good to have more Ukers joking us! You said your disappointed it's come back? Can i ask how long it's been since you last wore? Part of me feels the same, if i could decide to rid these feelings and memories completely i would! But then it can be fun at times, gives a bit of excitement and uniqueness to my spare time

Can i ask where your from in the UK?

Hi, Dreamdreamer! Very good to have you here! I hope you can come to terms with your needs and find some moderation. I believe we're made to be who we are, and the energy spent fighting it could be channeled to something far more productive if we just get real about who we are.

What sort of books do you like to read? Welcome again!

Thanks for all the kind welcomes!!

Tommy until a few weeks ago it'd been 3.5 yrs since I wore so a good while, though the odd urge was never really far from my mind. I live in East Anglia, you?

BachBrahms I try not to tie myself down to any specific type of book, but I do like my fantasy stuff, although at the moment I'm reading a thriller sort of book called The Heretics Treasure. It's easy reading but mostly read at work with constant interruptions so I can't read anything too hard going there!

Let me extend a warm welcome to you Dreamer
    \
    I've tried in the past to quit the Diapers and such but keep coming back to it. I really think it's one of those things that it gets imprinted on us at a very early age and it ends up getting hard wired.

BWH

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdreamer View Post
    It's mixed for me, I'm disappointed in a way, to have come back to this after so long not needing/wanting it. But then the other half of me enjoys it so much I think, where's the harm? However this is not something I feel I could share with my partner, so here I am to find some like minded people.
    I have gone through a similar hiatus from wearing diapers, it has always in the back of my head though. Also I know how hard it can be to not have a partner to share this with. Try not to be too disappointed. After all there is no harm in feeling safe, comfortable, nurtured and happy. If something as simple as a diaper and a paci can take you there I think that is wonderful. Especially if you derive such enjoyment from it. I have recently joined to have some friends to talk to about things ab/dl, so far it has been a pleasure and very welcoming. So to you I say welcome Dreamer! I thought of this when I saw your name, because you know Im a dreamer too "You, you may say. I'm a dreamer, but I' m not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us. And the world will be as one ..." - Lennon