Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3's ending's? (end game/plot SPOLIERS!)

Default Mass Effect 3's ending's? (end game/plot SPOLIERS!)

So for any mass effect fans out there like me. What do you think about the endings. The 3 that are roughly all exactly the same?

This is one of the 3 endings. the other two in A. you control the reapers and make them pull back or B. merge with them.
    In any case they are all virtually identical with a few variances. Such as in this one all Geth will die as well.

I think the ending sucks. Not since the relay's get destroyed no matter what. but because of this. The reapers were made to prevent organics being wiped out by robots - by wiping out organics with robots?
    Last edited by Fire2box; 10-Mar-2012 at 06:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I get the message, "This video is private."
    I guess CVG took their video down then. I bet EA got on their ass about it. I posted a new video where the player kills the reapers, synthetic life, etc.

Anyways there's 3 endings. All of which the Mass Effect Relay's which are necessary to travel the galaxy get blown up. You either get to...
    A. control the reapers and make them never attack again
    B. Merge with the reapers and they never attack again?
    C. destory the reapers, but destory ALL syntehic life. Which include the geth and I guess also kill anyone who has implants?

The whole point is all 3 of the endings are pretty much exactly the same. You stop the reapers from killing all the civilizations, but you destory all the mass effect relay's in the process thus cutting off any forms of communication between the space faring races. Trusting the glaxey back into the galactic dark ages.

In ever ending Joker the pilot of the Normandy (your ship) crash lands on a paradise like planet. So your crew is marooned on a planet with no way off. This also happens in every ending.

Also all 3 of these endings are decided at the very end of the game, despite any past choices you've made in the past.

My ending everyone on Earth seemed to get vaporized... synthetic or not.

It made me sad

My ending Shepard survived, probably because i maxed out effective military strength. Searh youtube for "Mass Effect 3 Perfect Ending", i'll make a video of it later although its not actually that different. But seriously the ending was pretty disappointing but this is EA, you can count on them to release some expensive DLC that completely retcons it.

btw, what the heck is Spoliers supposed to mean?
    Last edited by BabyNaruto; 14-Mar-2012 at 15:15.

Terrible ending. A lot of the fans seem really upset with it. Some, unfortunately, are even saying they'd pay DLC for a new one.

heres a video with every mass effect 3 ending in one video. This will clearly show the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNaruto View Post
    My ending Shepard survived, probably because i maxed out effective military strength. Searh youtube for "Mass Effect 3 Perfect Ending", i'll make a video of it later although its not actually that different. But seriously the ending was pretty disappointing but this is EA, you can count on them to release some expensive DLC that completely retcons it.

btw, what the heck is Spoliers supposed to mean?
    Shepard just surviving doesn't make for a good ending though either. All 3 are still roughly exactly the same only with different beam colors, all the mass relay's get blown up, the reaper threat is over and gone even if you merge with them.

Plus what the hell is Sheppard going to do? There's no inhabited planets in citadel's mass effect relay region. Yep, he's on top of the citadel until he starves. Though he's also currently bleeding out.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post

It made me sad
    No ending but killing all synthetic supported will result in the soldiers on earth being killed. this is simply because they have biotic's like Sheppard.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post

It made me sad
    Just because it's sad doesn't mean it's a bad ending. Flowers for Algernon has an utterly bleak, depressing ending, yet the ending was "good". It sucks, but it makes perfect sense the way it ended, which is what a good ending should do. I didn't like the way the Hunger Games series ended in that it wasn't what I wanted to happen, but overall I liked the ending because it fit with how the rest of the story had set things up. The disappointment with Mass Effect is that the "choice" is basically the same, and it really doesn't matter what you did in previous games since you can get an EMS score higher by playing the multiplayer to make up for the few choices that would have mattered, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Shepard just surviving doesn't make for a good ending though either. All 3 are still roughly exactly the same only with different beam colors, all the mass relay's get blown up, the reaper threat is over and gone even if you merge with them.

Plus what the hell is Sheppard going to do? There's no inhabited planets in citadel's mass effect relay region. Yep, he's on top of the citadel until he starves. Though he's also currently bleeding out.
    I agree on the first part, the second part I don't really care about. About the first part, the problem is the whole Catalyst thing at the end, as a whole. It's a Deus Ex Machina that actually makes the other games feel like a complete waste of time. It doesn't even really make sense, either, as you said above. The reasoning is terrible.

Shepherd dying seems inevitable, and I don't think it's necessary to have him survive. If anything, having him survive seems like a waste at this point.

The "good" ending, in my opinion, should just be the "best", but in no way perfect. An enjoyable ending isn't one that's perfect, because perfect endings are hard to believe. An enjoyable ending (to a game, at least) is one where you feel like you made a difference, even if things didn't work out perfectly. In Mass Effect, the ending makes everything you do insignificant. Some "God" character could have essentially stopped doing what he was doing at any point, and gives you a cheap "fix" to a problem that needn't even exist.

Consequently, I think that there should be an ending where you messed up, you weren't prepared enough and the Reapers win. This is the final installment, and I think if your choices were really douche-y (kill all x species just 'cause), then it's your own grave that you dug and you screwed it up. If the Reapers losing is inevitable, then what choices you make don't ultimately matter. The choices just mitigate how many losses there are for people you don't care about. Woo hoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Consequently, I think that there should be an ending where you messed up, you weren't prepared enough and the Reapers win. This is the final installment, and I think if your choices were really douche-y (kill all x species just 'cause), then it's your own grave that you dug and you screwed it up. If the Reapers losing is inevitable, then what choices you make don't ultimately matter. The choices just mitigate how many losses there are for people you don't care about. Woo hoo?
    I would of loved for mass effect 3 to have a ending like that, and it wouldn't be a far cry from Mass Effect 2 where everyone asides joker could die at the end.

Joker is clearly god. He has brittle bone disease but is one of the best pilots in the galaxy, has no problem with flirting or being romatic with a android and AI system. He lives, no matter what. Well asides for that ending thats left unclear.

Though I don't suppose a door opens on the Normandy even in a crash unless someones getting out. All they did in that ending is zoom into what they already "filmed" and cut it off before they show joker walking out with his anadroid Lover and Garrus. Garrus being the only one who could possibly have a chance at re-population.

I haven't played ME3 but when I first watched the endings. I raged hard as a huge fan of the first game for the way they ended the series. Then I read somewhere about watching the last 30 mins opposed to last 5 mins. And as a result I came to the conclusion that the writers are bloody brilliant. And they duped over a million people into thinking something else with a really well played breaking down the forth wall trick. If so they will be remembered for years to come on how they fooled the gaming community. Unless they charge for the remainder of the true ending when it comes out, or make Mass Effect 4 to cash in even more..... Since EA would do that sort of thing :/

ORRRRRR...... That really is the true ending and they just had really really bad writers on the team that have no bloody idea what they were doing during the entire story writing sequence.