Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Joseph Kony

  1. #1

    Default Joseph Kony

    Not sure if anyone else has posted about him, but I stumbled across this video today.

    KONY 2012 - YouTube

    For those of you who don't have time to watch the video here's the summary. Joseph Kony is a man in Africa who takes kids from their homes. He makes them kill their parents, turns the boys into soldiers, and the girls into sex salves. In an attempt to bring Kony to justice, we are making him "famous". We are not celebrating him, but making him visible to the world.

    What this man is doing is awful and he must be stopped. I just encourage everyone to watch the video and share their opinion on the matter.

  2. #2
    Supersam1223

    Default

    I really don't understand society.... Why can't they just shoot these people and be done with it?

  3. #3

    Default

    Joseph Kony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The US government and just about everyone else is already after him. Also he's surely not the only bad guy in that part of Africa.

  4. #4

    Default

    I sure hope he gets caught. I even posted a link to that video from my Facebook (won't share here for obvious reasons).

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersam1223 View Post
    I really don't understand society.... Why can't they just shoot these people and be done with it?
    That's the thing, Joseph Kony isn't as well known in the Western World for his misdeeds, so he is not a high-profile target on U.S. (and likely others as well) political agendas. If Kony was more well-known, he and the LRA would likely have been taken out already. The goal is to make his crimes well known so that the general American population are more passionate about finding him. Joseph Kony needs to become a household name, just like bin Laden, Qaddafi, Stalin, and Hitler.

    Apparently being one of the world's most wanted fugitives doesn't mean as much as it should.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BandNerd View Post
    That's the thing, Joseph Kony isn't as well known in the Western World for his misdeeds, so he is not a high-profile target on U.S. (and likely others as well) political agendas. If Kony was more well-known, he and the LRA would likely have been taken out already. The goal is to make his crimes well known so that the general American population are more passionate about finding him. Joseph Kony needs to become a household name, just like bin Laden, Qaddafi, Stalin, and Hitler.

    Apparently being one of the world's most wanted fugitives doesn't mean as much as it should.
    Other then the fact totally is a high profile target, as mentioned on his wikipedia's page. Guess you didn't bother reading the 2-3 paragraph's detailing it or clicking the lnik at all. So, here I'll copy and paste it for you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    On August 28, 2008, the United States Treasury Department placed Kony on its list of "Specially Designated Global Terrorists," a designation that carries financial and other penalties.[15] It is not known whether Kony has any assets that are affected by this designation.

    In May 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act,[16] legislation aimed at stopping Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 representatives as cosponsors.

    In November 2010, Obama delivered a strategy document to Congress, asking for more money to disarm Kony and the LRA.[17]

    In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa.[18] They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It's so well know. It passed congress, senate and obama with no postilion towards it, at all.

  6. #6

    Default

    come on, since this forum is HUGE we should try and make it happen and make people obvious about all this!

  7. #7

    Default

    Yes! I was just about to post about this.
    Who else is gunna go out and spread the posters and stuff on April 20th?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    Yes! I was just about to post about this.
    Who else is gunna go out and spread the posters and stuff on April 20th?
    I am trying, I already ordered a bracelet and I'm not taking it off til the year has ended

  9. #9

    Default

    I live in a country that took a decade to hunt down and destroy the man purported to be responsible for the the most vicious physical terrorist attack in the history of the United States. I respect your desire to fight against the helplessness that comes from knowing there is evil in the world, especially when that evil is so far removed from your daily life. If you truly want to see this guy brought down, it will take something along the lines of

    "Good evening. this is the BBC in Africa, A Canadian Tourist and his family was discovered brutally murdered in Africa toady, authorities say that Joseph Kony, the leader of the terror organization LRA is responsible"

    It sucks, but generally the racist fart-bags tend not to care one lick about what happens to blacks in the US, never mind what they see as "Black, African tribals who have been killing each other for thousands of years and are a burden on the worlds resources without producing anything significant"

    That or you could start a funds drive to raise the money to hire Blackwater to do the Job. I think their operators come at about 20K per man so figure 200K for a large enough "OPFOR" to take kony out.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Other then the fact totally is a high profile target, as mentioned on his wikipedia's page. Guess you didn't bother reading the 2-3 paragraph's detailing it or clicking the lnik at all. So, here I'll copy and paste it for you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    On August 28, 2008, the United States Treasury Department placed Kony on its list of "Specially Designated Global Terrorists," a designation that carries financial and other penalties.[15] It is not known whether Kony has any assets that are affected by this designation.

    In May 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act,[16] legislation aimed at stopping Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 representatives as cosponsors.

    In November 2010, Obama delivered a strategy document to Congress, asking for more money to disarm Kony and the LRA.[17]

    In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa.[18] They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It's so well know. It passed congress, senate and obama with no postilion towards it, at all.
    Just because the government knows about him doesn't necessarily mean every Tom, Dick, and Harry does.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-Sep-2011, 16:36
  2. Joseph Conrad
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-May-2009, 04:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.