Thread: Bed sheets and blankets

Cherub

Default Bed sheets and blankets

I've seen some threads about bed sheets and blankets. But none have asked what different members have, like, or prefer. So I thought it would make for an interesting thread to see what people have or prefer to sleep on or under.

For me,
    Sheets: I have several sets of satin sheets. I love them because they are so silky soft. I also have a few sets of regular cotton sheets. I prefer the higher thread count sheets because the higher the number the better and softer the sheet. Mine are in the 400-500 thread count range.

Blankets:
    Micro fiber hands down! I love micro fiber blankets because of their super softness. I have 12 heavy king sized micro fiber blankets I like to cuddle up with one on the couch when watching TV and to cover up with when in bed sleeping.

I cheat, and use microfiber blankets for sheets! I hate satin and cotton sheets in the winter. It's always so blasted miserable when you hop into bed only to freeze to death because cotton and satin are so cold at first before your body heat warms them up. The microfiber "sheets" totally prevent me from freezing to death when I first get into bed.

I think my sheets are jersey knit. But like RangerR, it sucks getting into a cold bed so underneath my sheet I have a very thick red fleece sheet (yeah they called it a sheet when i bought it, so weird). It works great because my bed is more comfy, and not cold when I get in, and since the red doesn't really match my room theme (it was a gift) I can also keep it under the sheet so everything still matches =]

As for blankets, i used to use a regular comforter which i loved, but then in the summer, my mom got sick of her down comforter and gave it to me, i had the air conditioner in my room and it's been love ever sense. I Love my down comforter (lovingly known as the purple blankies, even though purple doesn't match my room either). I use my down comforter all through the year, it's great, so soft and comfy and squishy, i love it.

So my votes are for jersey knit sheets (they're cheap but still pretty soft) and down blankets.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by RangerR View Post
    I cheat, and use microfiber blankets for sheets! I hate satin and cotton sheets in the winter. It's always so blasted miserable when you hop into bed only to freeze to death because cotton and satin are so cold at first before your body heat warms them up. The microfiber "sheets" totally prevent me from freezing to death when I first get into bed.
    OMG, I do that too! I thought I was the only one so I didn't mention it. And you are right about satin in the winter!

I tend to sleep on top of the sheets and just pull a comforter over me. In the winter I sleep in my Jumpin Jammerz anyway, and they are almost hot.

I just use whatever I have available, which is usually cotton. It's funny that being cold is mentioned because, I've been known to steal my moms blow dryer and warm my bed up with it before I get in :P.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have no Idea what fabric my sheets are

I know I use Mirco-Fiber Towels for taking wax and polish off my cars, and I HATE them. Cant stand the texture