Thread: Courageous

Countryboy95

Default Courageous

Anyone seen the Movie Courageous?? I have and i thought it was an Amazing inspirational movie.

Not only have I seen Courageous, I bought a copy of it

What I loved about it, is that while it had a religious flavor to it, it wasn't an overly preachy in your face design. It was really just a group of people that you would find in any neighborhood in any city, that had strong religious beliefs, while doing what any normal person would do. Am I making any sense here? >.<
    There were funny moments, sad moments, action-y moments and thought provoking moments. Arguably the best scene in the movie, is when Haviar (spell check characters name) was being promoted and he has to go through a personal moral dilemma of 'say yes to get the promotion' or 'say no knowing his promotion and possibly his job was at stake.'

And if you liked/loved Courageous, check out another movie by the same producers called Fireproof. Both movies are very much worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    had strong religious beliefs, while doing what any normal person would do.
    Amazing how we can almost seem normal and life like with those religious beliefs weighing us down, isn't it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Amazing how we can almost seem normal and life like with those religious beliefs weighing us down, isn't it? :P
    To be clear because I obviously wasn't in the other post, I meant that in regards to the characters in the movie. Please understand I'm trying to avoid a huge fallout over my input XD

No fallout I could see, and as far as I know I'm the only outspoken conservitive Christian here.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    No fallout I could see, and as far as I know I'm the only outspoken conservitive Christian here.
    I wouldn't say your the only. I have seen a few. *nods head towards a few drama filled threads in 'Mature Topics'.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    But to answer the OP. Great Movie! We had a viewing at our church and invited the community. It was a good time. I love Javier. He was the best character in the movie!

"Who told you i was building a shed?"
    "You Did... Why did you call my name?"
    "Because i thought your name was Javier."
    "It Is!"
    (Great Stuff!)

And the 'Snake Kings' scene had me almost literally ROFLing.

Countryboy95

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    Not only have I seen Courageous, I bought a copy of it

What I loved about it, is that while it had a religious flavor to it, it wasn't an overly preachy in your face design. It was really just a group of people that you would find in any neighborhood in any city, that had strong religious beliefs, while doing what any normal person would do. Am I making any sense here? >.<
    There were funny moments, sad moments, action-y moments and thought provoking moments. Arguably the best scene in the movie, is when Haviar (spell check characters name) was being promoted and he has to go through a personal moral dilemma of 'say yes to get the promotion' or 'say no knowing his promotion and possibly his job was at stake.'

And if you liked/loved Courageous, check out another movie by the same producers called Fireproof. Both movies are very much worth watching.
    I actually own fireproof but never have watched it... I also HIGHLY recommend Blind Side