Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing at night for better sleep

Default Wearing at night for better sleep

I was a bedwetter for 16 years and when I stopped it really had a negative effect on me. I used to sleep all through the night as a bedwetter but now I wake up at least twice every night just to go potty. Waking up takes away from my sleep and on weekdays I feel like crap in the morning because I didn't sleep the whole night.I discovered that the time I usually have to pee is 2 a.m.

Here's how it goes:

go to sleep around 11 - wake up at 2(potty) - wake up at 4 or 5(potty) - wake up at 6 for school.

Is anyone else having this problem? I think wearing diapers to bed would eliminate this problem for me.

teddybear206

yeah and i do think diapers would solve it, it never hurts to try.

IF you feel compelled to wear diapers on school nights then go for it.

When I used to wet the bed and I would wear, I know that I slept better because I did not wake up. I was the same way when I stopped wetting i would wake up a couple of times a night to go pee, lucky now I don't get up as much now but still have to some times. So i would say diapers help!
    Last edited by skikid2010; 03-Mar-2012 at 04:56. Reason: Spelling

I've been wearing diapers to bed non-stop for the past several years, and likewise have become a bedwetter. My sleep has improved immeasurably, first in that I didn't have to get out of bed to go to the toilet; and later, having become a bedwetter, now I don't even wake to go.

I can sleep a solid seven or eight hours, when I need to, and I am grateful for it.

Hi AstroDL.

Doesn't sound ideal at all. I was just wondering if you could alter your fluid intake habits a little bit also. I mean, if your bladder is not full, then surely you will not need to pee quite as much. Perhaps try to not drink anything the last few hours before your 11pm bedtime. Go potty just before 11pm. That might help you eliminate at least one of the wake-ups...

Obviously, if a diaper also helps, then fantastic, but I know there are times when wearng one might not be possible for whatever reason. Plus, as you are potty trained now, I doubt you will empty your bladder in your sleep, so,you will be waking up anyway....

Drink less, sleep better :-)

Good luck my friend.
    A.

Soakingboy That may help out with bed wetting issues yes. But as he is still a growing boy he is still needing optimal fluid intake to keep his body functions healthy and happy and running smooth. I know this because when I was going in for a random drug test My urine was dark.

See this chart? \/

I was at 7 + 1/2 and holy smokes was I severely scolded at and scolded at very harshly by the specimen collector guy. HE told me that I had better be getting more fluid intake and he even gone and told my boss and I had a very bad reprimand from my boss. Yikes

I even talked to a doctor about this and the doctor told me pretty much the same thing but in a more calmer tone though he sounded much like Ben Stein.

Pretty much what I was told is that if you are dehydrated your kidneys have to work harder, your heart has to work harder, your brain is not getting enough hydration which leads to headaches, your blood is way too thick which causes you to not absorb enough oxygen and even your liver is affected by dehydration. Not to mention that your sweat glands are in constant need of fluids. Though what you should keep away from or not consume so much of is: Chocolate, caffeinated beverages or foods, Carbonated beverages, and beverages and foods that has a high amount of sugar levels past 16 grams of sugar. It also would help if you drink cranberry juice and have occasional cranberry sauce. I forgotten what it is but there is something in the cranberries that improves your bladders health.

Here is also a recipe that I am yet to try but I do invite you to try it.

Tools: A strong Blender, ice crusher.
    1 + 1/2 banana peeled and sliced
    3 cups fresh and pitted cranberries
    4 table spoons honey
    2 cups crushed ice

What that smoothie is designed to do is that the banana has potassium in it which helps the muscles which yes the bladder is indeed a muscle. The Honey is a all natural sweetener that has some good nutrients in it and the cranberries are a bladder health enhancer. So all in all your bladder will be getting all the nutrients that it needs.

So all in all I would much rather my kids if they do bed wet to be soaked in bed and healthy and hydrated than dry, in bed and unhealthy and dehydrated. Will be better for their health.

I could ramble on and on about this subject how ever I am not going to bore you to death. And again if you do feel compelled to wear diapers to bed (Just in case) then do so until you begin to start feeling comfortable wearing regular underwear which ever your preference may be.

All the best!
    -Alex

Hi Alex/Mauiman
    Thanks for your note... Just to clarify... I never intended for OP to stop drinking...it was more a question - does this individual need to change their habits... Perhaps currently has 4 sodas before bedtime.. We just don't know! And that would clearly have an impact on the night ahead.

As a semi decent athlete, and health conscious individual, I respect the importance of fluids, but also know that you are perfectly fine to go a couple of hours without drinking before bed.

I can confirm that I am never below a 3! ;-)

All the best
    Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    Hi Alex/Mauiman
    Thanks for your note... Just to clarify... I never intended for OP to stop drinking...it was more a question - does this individual need to change their habits... Perhaps currently has 4 sodas before bedtime.. We just don't know! And that would clearly have an impact on the night ahead.

As a semi decent athlete, and health conscious individual, I respect the importance of fluids, but also know that you are perfectly fine to go a couple of hours without drinking before bed.

I can confirm that I am never below a 3! ;-)

All the best
    Andrew.
    Aye. It looks like I had a misunderstanding from what you originally posted. My bad *Blushes*

Oh well it looks like the thread starter needs to give us an outline of his habits so that we could help the poor boy even further.

All the best!
    -Alex

Hi Mauiman - I think what you posted was very educational to many readers so thanks for sharing!! too many people do drink too little!

I want all our diaper wearing friends to be healthy diaper wearing friends :-)

Take care
    Andrew.