Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Shopping for Variety(requesting opinions and suggestions)

  1. #1

    Default Shopping for Variety(requesting opinions and suggestions)

    I recently picked up my first pack of diapers which were Tranquility ATNs. For their "class" I like them. They're pretty absorbent and the PERFECT price. The only problem I've run into so far is that they're EXTREMELY crinkly. I don't own any briefs, but there is no way that boxers and jeans can make the sound unnoticeable. So that brings me to the first of the variety I'd like to get: a diaper(traditional style with tapes) that would be easily muffle-able that could be worn discreetly in company.

    The second kind of diaper I'd like to get is a cloth diaper. I'd like one or two and some plastic pants because I'd think they are a bit thicker which I'd really love. I have no idea where to start for this one. I'd like something that would be easily washable, preferably tumble dry-able(as line drying may cause... issues) and as I said before, thickness is for the better.

    The third thing I was looking into is training pants. For this one I'm pretty much just looking for opinions on the Baby Pants' "My First Training Pants" but if anyone has other suggestions, I'm completely open to them.

    And finally, just for kicks, I'm requesting some recommendations for disposable pull-ups. If I thought that I'd be able to squeeze into them, I would totally get some Drynites or Goodnites. Something like that would be the ultimate(full padding from front to back) but as far as I'm aware, adult pull-ups only come in that "padded in the middle" style. :/

    (TL;DR)Any and all suggestions for any of the following would be greatly appreciated:
    -Quiet Diapers
    -Cloth Diapers(machine washable, dryer safe, thick)
    -Washable Training Pants(I was looking at the Baby Pants ones, would like opinions...)
    -Disposable Pull-ups

  2. #2
    littlebirch

    Default

    Well my favorite diapers are the Walgreen's Certainty Fitted Briefs they're pretty absorbent about 2 floods or many small wettings. They are super quiet but don't have a plastic outer layer :/. There taps actually re adjust as they are velcro based. They're priced at 10$ for 20 of them so if you don't like them it doesn't send you back to much. If you have a Walgreen's near you I would definatly try these.

    overview:
    Comfy
    Absorbent
    Quiet
    ClothLike
    Cheap

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by littlebirch View Post
    Well my favorite diapers are the Walgreen's Certainty Fitted Briefs they're pretty absorbent about 2 floods or many small wettings. They are super quiet but don't have a plastic outer layer :/. There taps actually re adjust as they are velcro based. They're priced at 10$ for 20 of them so if you don't like them it doesn't send you back to much. If you have a Walgreen's near you I would definatly try these.

    overview:
    Comfy
    Absorbent
    Quiet
    ClothLike
    Cheap
    hmmm... $8 on their website, not bad but I don't think they have discrete shipping and I'm not one to go into stores for this kind of thing... :/

  4. #4
    littlebirch

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DSquared895 View Post
    hmmm... $8 on their website, not bad but I don't think they have discrete shipping and I'm not one to go into stores for this kind of thing... :/
    Yeah i have no idea how their shipping is :/ (i still live with my parents) but yeah it's a really good price.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by littlebirch View Post
    Yeah i have no idea how their shipping is :/ (i still live with my parents) but yeah it's a really good price.
    As do I(commuter to college) so discreet shipping(including orders fulfilled by Amazon) is preferred. Regardless, thanks for the suggestion.

  6. #6

    Default

    I went to Baby Pants to order a pair of the dinosaur trainers, and they said they were out of stock, in my size, and wouldn't have any until August. This seems ridiculous to me. If they were a bricks and mortar store and couldn't re-supply for 6 months, they would go out of business.

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't like those trainers because they are not waterproof. Wetting them will reduce the mess but you will still have wet pants. The dino prints are awsome, but the waterproof barior is a real deal breaker for me.

  8. #8
    funseeker

    Default

    In order to cut down on the crinkle you might try a pair of plastic pants. This will cut down the noise factor and when you walk with someone there is no way they will know you are wearing a diaper.

  9. #9

    Default

    I have two of the baby pants my first training pants mickey blue and mickey yellow they are great.

    The only thing i cant stand is the outward facing tag i cut it off of my toddler white ones to see how they held up without it so far no problems the bad thing about that is not knowing the front from the back
    they hold up good in the wash as well

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TiggeR992 View Post
    I have two of the baby pants my first training pants mickey blue and mickey yellow they are great.

    The only thing i cant stand is the outward facing tag i cut it off of my toddler white ones to see how they held up without it so far no problems the bad thing about that is not knowing the front from the back
    they hold up good in the wash as well
    Do you dry them in the drier as well? Do you use plastic pants with them?

    Keep the suggestions and comments rollin' everybody. I really appreciate it.

Similar Threads

  1. Same nappy/diaper or variety?
    By ChocChip in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2012, 16:02
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2011, 08:42
  3. Pullon Suggestions and Opinions
    By m033nt in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-May-2011, 07:41
  4. Bambino Variety Case
    By Pawlf in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-Feb-2011, 00:00
  5. Variety Packs
    By AAO in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-May-2010, 18:41

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.