Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellissimo Diper

Cool Bellissimo Diper

Hello,
    If any wanted to know the 2nd generations Bellissimo is out and in stock. I hope they can keep it in stock. I look forward to trying them. I currently use the Bianco and 1st generation Bellissimo. The 1st generation Bellissimo fits differently then the Bianco. Bambino supposedly made the 2nd generation fit more like the Bianco.
    Anyhow, for those that have not tried the Bambino diapers I highly recommend trying them. My favorite is the Bambino then the Attends.

BambinoPants

Yes, I'm wearing one now. If you like the first generation then I think you'll love the second gen. They have a wider crotch, there ticker and the plastic is heavier. The tapes are suppose to be better....I can't say that's true, the bottom one just popped off....Shoot. But, they are still awsome, I like them better then the German Fabines, I bought a case from them and they shipped directly to me.

I didn't realize notice the extra two inches when both were folded, comparing side by side. Given the 2 bucks a diaper (give or take) I didn't want to open the diapers until I wear them (I hide the baby prints from my wife). However, I will say the plastic felt much nicer and when I balled up the diaper for disposal the tapes actually stuck, which is nice. I am not bowel i/c so I generally slide diapers down and go number 2, but with the bellisimo they will pop if I do that so I have to untape and then retape. The tape tackiness was a big deal and I am glad they improved it. Now if they could make a bianco bellisimo I would be set :}

Quote Originally Posted by babababy View Post
    Yes, I'm wearing one now. If you like the first generation then I think you'll love the second gen. They have a wider crotch, there ticker and the plastic is heavier. The tapes are suppose to be better....I can't say that's true, the bottom one just popped off....Shoot. But, they are still awsome, I like them better then the German Fabines, I bought a case from them and they shipped directly to me.
    That's why I usually reinforce the tapes with some good clear packing tape.

The shell plastic needed to be thicker (I've been wearing through the back right up the middle during the day!) and it didn't feel smooth enough. I don't have a problem with the tapes sticking usually, but time after time I've had a tape root pull off the back of the diaper. I hope they have improved these two things.

I don't see a need for a wider crotch, I'm a side-sleeper and they're close to being uncomfortably wide as it is. So I suppose I'll grab a case and see how they go. Thicker is always welcome. So here's hoping...

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I generally slide diapers down and go number 2, but with the bellisimo they will pop if I do that so I have to untape and then retape.
    Not being IC myself I try to be very conservative on giving advice to those that are, but I think you may have some improvement to make on your technique. I very rarely have had this issue with bellisimo. If you're just trying to yank them down you're going to have that problem, along with fragmenting the padding. Considering the expense of the premiums, I've been trying to be more frugal with my padding. (I prefer just the wearing, I don't wet often) But other than toilet/shower breaks I'm 24/7. I wear L3 during the day and Bellisimo large overnight, typically getting 2 days out of my L3 and three nights out of my Bellisimo, so I've gotten good at shimmy'ing out of a diaper without damage.

The key there is simply to run a single finger or thumb around your hip between diaper and skin, while gently pulling down (or even just letting gravity work). Each pass will drop it 1/4 to 1/2 inch or so. Work it on both sides back and forth and you can have the diaper off easily in 30 seconds. Takes a little time, but works even if the sides are a little damp from perspiration. (which normally makes them stick, making it very hard to just pull off) Doesn't stretch the material or break up the padding, and isn't too hard on the tapes. And make sure the tapes are on the tape panel - that "textured" shell they're using on the bellisimo doesn't let the tapes stick very well.

I believe it fits a little bigger according to their comments on their blog page.

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

I agree with the Bianco Bellissimo and the classico too. However, I like to go running and I would like them to keep the thinner ones in the same style to keep the rubbing down. So, they need to make two of each.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    I believe it fits a little bigger according to their comments on their blog page.

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

I agree with the Bianco Bellissimo and the classico too. However, I like to go running and I would like them to keep the thinner ones in the same style to keep the rubbing down. So, they need to make two of each.
    well i guess that rules out all the small people. I really hate this :|

Yes, but look at the bright side. You might be able to fit into the extra large baby diapers and I've always loved the way those smelled. LOL....I know that Might sound strange. I like the smell of baby powder too.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    Yes, but look at the bright side. You might be able to fit into the extra large baby diapers and I've always loved the way those smelled. LOL....I know that Might sound strange. I like the smell of baby powder too.
    i am scared to try because so many people keep saying that no adult or teen can fit into one without it looking like it is about to burst open. xD
    Last edited by kratox; 02-Mar-2012 at 21:41.