Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is still plastic backed?

Question What is still plastic backed?

Hi all,

Over the last few years, when I've got the opportunity to wear, I've been wearing Cuddlz, which I quite like. I've got a free house for a few weeks though and I'm trying to figure out what's still available in plastic backed versions and from where.

I'm in the UK and I'm specifically interested in:

Tena Maxi's (Medium and Large)

Abena M4's (Medium and Large)

and any decent Attends.

Attends were the first nappies I wore and I miss them! Do they still make Attends 10 and Attends Special care?

Really appreciate any info you guys can give me on these.

Many thanks

I can't help on those brands, and obviously your probably to old to be bothering with baby nappies, but Tesco, Sainsburys and Wilkos cheapest baby brand are plastic backed

Tena Slip and Abena (original Abri-Form, not the new Premium ones) are still plastic backed. I think the same is true of the Attends, although if they are all like the Lidl one, which is a rebranded Attends 9 I think, the wings are non-plastic but the padded part of the nappy is plastic backed.

Plastic backed Abenas seem to be on the way out soon though by all accounts.

Yes Attends 6 tabs are still plastic backed. My other favorite Abena M4 is still plastic for the time being. Tranquility ATN is also one of my favorite plastic backed diapers.

Thanks for the information guys, really appreciate it. I haven't had any attends for years tbh, what's their best nappy these days? Do they only do the belted variety or are there some decent full slips? Their website lists three types from what I can see, Attends Slip Active, Attends Slip Regular and Attends Regular Plus. It's hard to figure out what's what!

One other question, any idea if Kendall Lille's are still plastic backed?

Cheers guys.

The Active ones are the belted/single tape variety, Regular are the standard two tape nappy. Not sure exactly how the Regular Plus is different. Probably the Regular 10 is what you are after.

Lille nappies are all cloth backed now I think.

I think, from what I can see, that the Regular Plus is basically what they used to call the Special Care. It uses a similar phrase in the literature about them being designed for extended sitting and lying. I think the Regular 10 are indeed what I'm after! Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

In Belgium there's only the Tena Super, still plastic backed. All the rest is cotton feel. Abena is soon to follow.
    I'm stocking up what I can.

Maybe some supermarket brands will keep producing plastic backed untill some EU or green legislation will stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy42 View Post
    untill some EU or green legislation will stop them.
    That's just silly. It's still plastic, just woven differently. People desire the "breathable" style because they believe it is better for the patient's skin. In reality, it's just an excuse to not use cornstarch.

Hello all. For the queries on the (European) Attends diapers..
    I stay away from the active range, and also the regular plus now. The regular plus might hold more, but due to the design, I can forget attaching both tapes comfortably, and the fit is terribly strange. I will order a size L one day to try that. The 10 Regular is a great diaper. It is indeed plastic covered on the main padded part, but with cloth construction on the wings. I can live with that, no problem. They start off extremely thin, which is why this is my wearing out and about diaper. BUT when you need to use it, it will absorb incredible amounts. Obviously in doing so, it needs to store all that liquid too, so swells up a lot!