Thread: FREE, completely discreet shipping & my first AB/DL order

Default FREE, completely discreet shipping & my first AB/DL order

So some of you may have seen the thread I made about a week and a half ago about me making my first AB/DL related order and with that, getting my first AB/DL related items(other than the pacifier that I already had). Welp, I was really nervous(nervous enough to where I've waited til now to attempt to buy anything AB/DL related) about making the order, but I did it. My order included 1 Gerber First Essential 5oz. bottle and a pack of 6 silicoln nipples for that, a 2 pack of Nuk 3s(which I recieved in my desired, gender correct colors; Orange & Yellow and Blue & Green), 1 12 pack of Medium Tranquility ATNs, and a box of gallon sized ziploc bags to dispose of the 'evidence'. All the items I ordered were eligable for Amazon Super-saver shipping, which meant that not only did I get FREE shipping, but the items were shipped directly from Amazon with the return address being, you guessed it, Amazon.(just a side not: I used an alternate Amazon account to make this purchase because orders DO stay in your order history permanently)

My bottle and the nipples I ordered for it, shipped first, separate from the rest of the order(but still with free shipping, and still part of the same order). I got those Friday. I modified one of the replacement nipples by cutting an X into it and I found my desired flow-rate. The bottle size may seem pretty small, certainly doesn't look large, but drinking from a bottle takes time(at least for me) so I think its the perfect size.

Just today, my other shipment came in, with everything else in my order! I got home after my last class(in which I spent most of the class thinking of the package whose shipping status I'd been watching anxiously for the past week) to find a package laying on my doorstep. Apparently my younger brother, mother, and father were all out, making my arrival time perfect. I brought the box to my room and unpacked its contents. I stashed my diapers and the Ziploc bags in my preconceived hiding spot(as I didn't have enough time to get a good first experience before my next family member stumbled in) and I washed my new pacifiers. After picking which to use first(I picked the orange one) and popping it in my mouth, I stashed the other Nuk and my old one, filled my bottle with some milk, and lied down. I drank my milk laying down and after I finished the bottle, I put my new pacifier in my mouth and took a nap.

I'm very happy I finally did this, and receiving my packages went off without a hitch. I should be able to have enough time to thoroughly test out my first diaper either tomorrow or Friday(days I don't have classes). I'm extremely excited.

I'm excited for you, & sort-of jealous as well. Glad timing of delivery and storage was ideal. Glad you made that big leap to act on your desires. Let us know how the first test goes.

funseeker

Thanks for all the details of your order. Good research always pays off and your post reflects that you did your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by shortyerf View Post
    I'm excited for you, & sort-of jealous as well. Glad timing of delivery and storage was ideal. Glad you made that big leap to act on your desires. Let us know how the first test goes.
    I'm still ecstatic that things went off without a hitch! XD Next time I make an order I think I'd actually like to order 2 packs of diapers but I'm not sure if I'd be able to keep the second pack out of site... I could just BARELY hide the 12 pack of ATNs. I actually had to put one diaper in my underwear drawer under my boxers because it wouldn't fit in my hiding spot. And that diaper... is now used!

I got a chance to use my first diaper today and it was awesome. The thickness of the unused diaper leaves something to be desired(I'd really like to try cloth[if anyone wants to recommend some...]) but I actually tried on some pants on over the dry diaper and found that its pretty low key... at least to the eyes, ears is a different story... next time I may look into something quieter than the Tranquility ATNs(which literally sound like you're wearing a grocery bag, not even kidding). Welp, after holding it for most of the day... and drinking more than avarage... I was doing a 'potty dance' by the time I actually had my diaper and suplies layed out. XD Surprisingly, I didn't just wet it immidiately(very well potty-trained), but after a bottle or 2 of milk I started to... slowing myself as to let it be absorbed. I ended up letting it out in about 3 wettings and by the end... wow... was it wet... Maybe its not supposed to, or I didn't give it enough time, or it just wasn't wet enough but it didn't seem to go towards the front or back 3rd of the padding. Make no mistake though, it was VERY wet. Sagging like crazy and everything. Getting it to that point, with the 3 wettings being spaced out took about 45 minutes and after another 15 or 20, I got a wet washcloth and cleaned myself up, throwing the diaper in a ziploc bag, the ziploc bag in an almost full trash can in my house, before finally covering it with some tissues and bringing that bag out to the trash can.

Overall I'd say I'm pretty satisfied. It's not something I'll be able to(or want to) do everyday or every night but its a nice treat.

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    Thanks for all the details of your order. Good research always pays off and your post reflects that you did your homework.
    Yeah, for the pacifiers I checked ADISC's pacifier guide, for the bottle I checked ADISC's bottle guide, the ziploc bags were again, an idea I found on ADISC, and the ATNs were a suggestion within my price range from another forum. With all that said, I'd like to claim the idea of using Amazon fulfilled orders as discrete shipping. XD I don't doubt that its been done before but I didn't find any mention of it thus the title of this thread. I thought it was worth mentioning because, since I've seen no mention of it, I don't think a lot of people realize this option.

That does bring up a question. When you're buying off Amazon, how do you know that it will for sure come in an Amazon box and return address instead of an individual shipper's choice of discretion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    That does bring up a question. When you're buying off Amazon, how do you know that it will for sure come in an Amazon box and return address instead of an individual shipper's choice of discretion?
    If the order is from Amazon(as a seller) or says "Fulfillment by Amazon" under the sellers name, it will come from Amazon in their default Amazon boxes. And keep in mind that, generally speaking, if the order is fulfilled by Amazon, it'll qualify for Super Saver Shipping.