Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unused Diapers Tossed Out

funseeker

Default Unused Diapers Tossed Out

How often are your unused diapers tossed out into the trash? It makes me feel so wasteful if I toss a diaper out before it is really wet. When I was in the restroom of a public library recently a dry Depends was on the counter. It should have been tossed but it was like it was waiting for something to be done with it. Does tossing a diaper in the trash that has not been used make you feel wasteful and how often does it happen?

*blushes* I hope I gon`t get flamed for this one, but I bought a case of M4`s last year, really hated them and I threw out 2 packs in the dustbin. I did redeem myself later on and gave the rest to a friend who loves them. He gave me some ear ache for dumping the other packs.
    As for your question, I am a bed wetter, so IF I manage to stay dry I use the same diaper the next night.

Waste not want not! I do not think I've ever tossed a diaper that wasnt well soiled and being cheep, er frugal I use cloth diapers fairley often too.

Oh, dude. Funny story about that.
    I recently (about 5 months ago) moved out of my mothers house and in with my dad. I was emptying my room out and I really didn't want anyone to come across my stash if they happened to go through my room close enough. They were behind my drawers, but who knows?
    I couldn't find a way to get them out of my room and to my dad's without anyone noticing. So.. I threw them all out. Almost a full pack of diapers.
    I just. I don't know. In hindsight, probably could have gotten away with taking them all eventually, but what's done is done.
    Man, that's depressing to think about again.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyAllie View Post
    I couldn't find a way to get them out of my room and to my dad's without anyone noticing. So.. I threw them all out. Almost a full pack of diapers.
    I just. I don't know. In hindsight, probably could have gotten away with taking them all eventually, but what's done is done.
    Man, that's depressing to think about again.
    Yep. That sucks. I did the same thing. Several times! First time was when I went to college. I had several packages of Pampers and Huggies, and couldn't think of a good (safe!) way to bring them with me, so I tossed them. Very depressing at the time! I knew I could buy more when I got to school, but it just seemed so wasteful, even though they'd have ended up in the garbage one way or another. The most depressing thing, however, was that during one of these move-purges, I accidentally threw away a set of diaper pins that had been used on me as a baby. When I recently got back into cloth diapers, I really started to miss those again!

I've gotten over the guilt of tossing unused diapers, however. At least once or twice a year, I'll end up tossing a half-used package of something I didn't really care for so that I have room to try something new. If there's a truly compulsive element to my DL-ism, it's that I can't *not* try every new baby diaper that comes out. That means I find new favorites quickly, and sometimes I have to make room for them...

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    Does tossing a diaper in the trash that has not been used make you feel wasteful and how often does it happen?
    Oh, it does, it does. If I just barely wet the bed I'll sit and fret about weather or not to reuse the Goodnights...
    I'll worry myself about putting on a clothie if I plan out going out later in the evening.
    Trying to sync my wetting and my absorbing circles my head like a tiny pissed-off fly sometimes.

It happens at least twice a week. I'll wake up dry (yeah?) and put the Goodnights back on top of the stack. Or I'll just barely leak into a bigger diaper and worry if I should hang it over the shower bar or just toss it.

I never throw away unused diapers! I try to make the most use of them (most of the time when I wet them near their maximal capacity or because I had them on me for a very long time).
    Even if for some reason I change and that my diaper is clean (or almost clean) I keep it to wear it again.

i never wast any dipys. i make sure to wet them before i toss them out even if i am only goint to be wearing a wet one for a few seconds i still wet it. then i also have like 2 and a half packs of boster pads left and i dont like them and they are taking up the hiding room i need to get more diapers but i stll wont toss them out.

I've only ever wasted them when I was panicking about them being found during a house move.

The rest I sealed up in a big plastic box and 'hid' in a wooded area near a road. I must have picked a poor spot as they were gone when I returned to pick them up.

Okay, so now I know I'm not crazy! XD I wore my first diaper last night(which was awesome) and I tried sleeping in it but my room was just really hot and the air was really dry making my sleeping conditions bad enough already without adding an unfamiliar bulge and crinkle, so I decided to take it off. Funny thing was that the Tranquility ATN's refastenable tapes are really just a double set of taps(that can't really be taken off very well while still preserving the integrity of the diaper). So for 3 of them I just removed the second tapes off of the first one and for the one tape I messed up initially(changing in the dark, I accidentally used the second tape first) I had to cut it off. XD

Long story short, I knew I wouldn't get a chance to really enjoy my first diaper last night so I took it off and threw it back in my drawer.