View Poll Results: Do you have a dummy, and do you like it?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - a large (NUK4/5) one and it's great

45 30.41%
  • Yes - a large (NUK4/5) one and it's okay sometimes

21 14.19%
  • Yes - a large (NUK4/5) one and I hate it so much I don't even use it

1 0.68%
  • Yes - a small (baby/child sized) one and it's great

40 27.03%
  • Yes - a small (baby/child sized) one and it's okay sometimes

14 9.46%
  • Yes - a small (baby/child sized) one and I hate it so much I don't even use it

0 0%
  • No - but I'd like to try one

23 15.54%
  • No - and I'm not interested in dummies

4 2.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a dummy? Do you like it?

Smile Do you have a dummy? Do you like it?

Yay! It's another poll! My brain was aching with the lack of information on this vital topic!

Do you have a dummy (pacifier)? What size is it? Do you like it? (If you have more than one, vote for the one that you like the most.)

What will the results be? Bet now!

I actualy have a nuk 10 and it is the best it is huge and very babyish. So I'm not sure I can participate because the nuk10 is not an optioning the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboy85 View Post
    I actualy have a nuk 10 and it is the best it is huge and very babyish. So I'm not sure I can participate because the nuk10 is not an optioning the poll
    NUK10 doesn't exist, or at least it's not actually a NUK product and the 10 is just what the other guys that made it decided to name it. A NUK5 is usually big enough on its own, some people even complain it's too big. The part that people usually complain is too small is the guard. Having 5 more sizes after that would be a waste of their time and money, so the "NUK10" is clearly just a knock-off product piggy-backing on a company's name figuring the company is too lazy to pursue legal action.

I have a NUK5 and I like the paci part, but not so much the guard. Mine's just a plain white one that I got while in Germany. Once I get the money I might get the black pawprint one from pacifiersrus.com and possibly paint the white parts green, because I like green on black and think it suits me better (it also would match my thick sleeper). :3

Oh okay -- consider it "large"!

I have a NUK5 and I like the idea of it more than actually using it. It feels way too small (yeah -- I have a big gob!), presses against my teeth, and doesn't really make me feel babyish most of the time... but it's kind of cool occasionally...

I don't have one yet, but I am definitely on the precipice of purchasing one. I have my eye on one of those with a paw print on it. ^^

I have owned one of the toddler sized ones previously, but it wasn't enjoyable for me. It was a bit too small and didn't sit right on my mouth. I figure I should give a NUK5 a try

Yeah, I had a little one, but it was hard to keep in my mouth, and my teeth really ached after I took it out. The NUK 5 is a lot easier to keep in my mouth, but still feels too small and a bit weird. Maybe it's just that I didn't have one as a kid, so it doesn't really do anything much for me...

This is the one I have (in case anyone's interested...):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9278-01.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	7859

I have a NUK 5 and I love it. I always go to sleep with it.

from another thread but relevant:

Just got my Nuk 5 this morning.
    Its horrible.

Its really flimsy like theres hardly any air in it,
    they dont come wrapped, just in a box which seems really unhygienic.
    and the texture is horrible, really cheap feeling teat.

I think dummies in general are just not made like they used to be

So for now my recommendation would be the tommee tippee super soft XL

Quote Originally Posted by chrismale1983 View Post
    they dont come wrapped, just in a box which seems really unhygienic.
    Did you read the instructions that say to clean it before using? You're not supposed to use it right out of the box. You're supposed to place it in boiling water to kill germs first.

wow a nuk 10! i have seen those. where did you get one? those are really big! wow does it fill up your whole mouth?

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

I have a nuk 5 and i love it! i got mine from pacifiersrus and it's the pink care bear one and i love the guard on it too, it's perfect! i would show a picture of mine but i am unable to.