Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I've been diapered 24/7 for 6 months now!

Wink I've been diapered 24/7 for 6 months now!

Hi all,

On the 26th of August 2011 I made the switch from underpants to diapers. It's now six months later and I'm still padded 24/7, and I'm still loving every minute of it.

As I said on my last milestone thread it's been a great experience so far. I still find them to be convenient, comfortable and reassuring. I used to be nervous about wearing around family and co-workers, but I'm now perfectly happy wearing around pretty much anyone.

I often get asked if I've lost any control through this. The short answer would be 'no'. The longer answer would be that I'd consider myself diaper trained. I still have full control, but I can go without thinking about it when diapered.

The biggest issue so far is the cost. On average I go through three premium diapers per day (Abena X-Plus or Tena Slip Maxi). It's not cheap, but, from my point of view, it's totally worth it. If you're planning on doing this don't forget to factor in the cost of powder, cream and so on - it adds up fast.

As with last time there isn't much point to this post, I just wanted to immortalise the moment once again and to share my thoughts so far with the community. If anyone's got any questions about wearing 24/7 I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Congrats cgh!

Also, long time no speak Get in the IRC in #adisc more often

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I often get asked if I've lost any control through this.
    Do you still have control during the night?!?
    I remember that, a few years ago, after only one month wearing diapers every night (and only by night) I started having sporadic wet diapers without realizing...! PS by then I stopped wearing every night because I was frightened to lose control

Quote Originally Posted by LastintheCloud View Post
    I remember that, a few years ago, after only one month wearing diapers every night (and only by night) I started having sporadic wet diapers without realizing...! PS by then I stopped wearing every night because I was frightened to lose control
    I've been wearing five nights a week (and many days) for better than six months, now, and while I have haed this same experience---realizing that I had wet a lot more during the night than I had been aware of---I've never had an accident when I was not diapered. OTOH, as always, YMMV.

Apropos OP, if you're on your own and you have a washer/dryer, you're going to find it hard to beat cloth for price and comfort. Of course, if that isn't a diaper for you (and I get the impression that it isn't for many), it's no substitute.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by teslacoil4148 View Post
    Congrats cgh!

Also, long time no speak Get in the IRC in #adisc more often
    Thanks I'll try to be on IRC a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Lucky dog :P

Good for you!
    Thanks

Congrats!
    Thanks

I've not noticed any major loss of control at night. I have wondered once or twice if I had wet in my sleep, but I'm not convinced that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by adasterix View Post
    Apropos OP, if you're on your own and you have a washer/dryer, you're going to find it hard to beat cloth for price and comfort. Of course, if that isn't a diaper for you (and I get the impression that it isn't for many), it's no substitute.
    Cloth is on my to-do list. I don't know if I'll like it, but the only way to know if to try it

You use them for everything? O.O

If so, wow, that's...quite a commitment.

If it's only for #1, still, six months is a long, long time, especially since I presume by 24/7 you mean no exceptions at all, no matter where you are going.

So, here's to another six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    You use them for everything? O.O

If so, wow, that's...quite a commitment.

If it's only for #1, still, six months is a long, long time, especially since I presume by 24/7 you mean no exceptions at all, no matter where you are going.

So, here's to another six months.
    I use them for everything - no exceptions. Or, to put it another way, I've not used the potty for six months! The only time I'm not diapered is when I'm washing, changing or 'airing out' (helps to avoid rashes).

*clinks glass* - Yep, here's to another six months

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I use them for everything - no exceptions.
    WOW wonderful!!!! Must be getting used to it by now! do you change immediately after a no2?

I was in diapers at night for a good year. I did lose control and wet in my sleep almost every night. But like others reported, it did not happen without a diaper once I stopped wearing continually. I did have one accident once, but it was very minimal.

I wish I could go 24/7 for more than a month. My work and occupations are not really diaper friendly.