Thread: Regression as a part-time activity

Default Regression as a part-time activity

I personally enjoy being an adult; being an adult isn't something that I ever resented or tried to deny. 24/7 ageplay doesn't interest me; I'd miss adult responsibilities and privileges too much.

That being said, while I enjoy being an adult, I like regressing to a child because it is a part of me. I grew up quickly due to familial reasons that I'd rather not indulge, before I was really finished experiencing childhood. Ageplay and regression helps me feel whole as a person.

Does anyone else feel this way? I know that there are people who prefer regression to being an adult and I respect that 100%, but I was just curious. Thanks!

Well it isn't even a part-time thing for me but I have had a few fleeting seconds of regression wash over me at times while diapered. Even while brief I can understand the power of the emotion. It is quite intriguing. It seems to be a common desire for those with an unfulfilled childhood as I've discovered in some reading on ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
    Well it isn't even a part-time thing for me but I have had a few fleeting seconds of regression wash over me at times while diapered. Even while brief I can understand the power of the emotion. It is quite intriguing. It seems to be a common desire for those with an unfulfilled childhood as I've discovered in some reading on ADISC.
    I've noticed that as well; there's something comforting about letting adult responsibilities go to be a child again, if only for a few hours at a time.

It's a safe place without any turbulence, a time to escape, be free and discover "you". Kinda like a reset button. The plane you are standing on levels itself and the world is upright again.

I would assume that it's more common for people to be into part time age regression rather than being in regression full time. It would be too hard to function in the adult world with a limited set of responsibilities and such. That being said, I wish I could find a safe place to regress fully to an almost dream-like state.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyJolly View Post
    I grew up quickly due to familial reasons that I'd rather not indulge, before I was really finished experiencing childhood. Ageplay and regression helps me feel whole as a person.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    I most definitely feel that way. There are things which I enjoy as an adult and are not in line with being 24/7. I feel for you in terms of the familial reasons as well. Embracing my inner child and having an environment where it is safe to explore more childhood related hobbies allows me to heal some of the past stuff I went through.

I find that it helps me to destress from my daily life. Gives me a time to calm, go within myself find happiness. My childhood was happy, fun, enjoyable and my adult life is stress, go, go go. I to am not a 24/7 baby, I only get rare opportunities, and when I do, those are happy times for me.

It is mostly each bedtime for me, a hour before I go to sleep, I will climb in my cot with all baby items on and my cot full of toys with a hot bottle of milk, I will regress to a infant that can't walk and regress and drift away in babyhood! this relax's me before I go to sleep and feel so regenerated and brings back happy memories of my childhood. When I like to regress of a toddler age about 2 years, it is at a weekends not every weekend, as I like my sea fishing, but in the afternoons I will spend a few hours playing as a toddler, dressed in a play suit and a bulky nappy with teddy in arms, as I play in the paints, water, colouring ect things that you would see in a real nursery. As I think at about this age your exploring the world around you and get up to all kinds of mischief this age I would love to go back to not all the time 24/7 but now and then if I could take a magic pill for a day I think I would I read a lot of AB's had a upsetting childhood and I'm so sorry for those how had, but my childhood and parents were so good and this is why I love regressing back to infancy!

As far as i remember, there was nothing traumatic about my childhood, although our family did move a lot because my dad worked for the air force (apparently this upset me when i was little, so maybe that has something to contribute). I also enjoy being an adult and doing adult things, for instance i really enjoy driving. I don't think i would ever want to remain a baby 24/7, although i would enjoy having an entire day every once in a while. Being a baby (more specifically a babyfur) is just a deep part of me that is in my personality, i look at it as a symbol of who i am, and a relaxing way to remove stress.

Absolutely, this is a part time thing for me. I would refer to it as a "hobby", something I do for fun in my spare time. I've got no desire to be in diapers 24/7 or to do it all the time.