View Poll Results: Do you use any kind of bed protection?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - a normal plastic sheet

15 25.00%
  • Yes - a waterproof sheet with a cloth top layer

19 31.67%
  • Yes - an absorbant pad (with no waterproof backing)

0 0%
  • Yes - disposable bed pads

1 1.67%
  • Yes - other (or a combination of the above)

9 15.00%
  • No - but I'd like some

13 21.67%
  • No - and I don't want any

3 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a waterproof sheet or other bed protection?

Default Do you use a waterproof sheet or other bed protection?

Well, it's another burning issue I've been pondering! How many of you have waterproof sheets or some other kind of bed protection?

I bought a simple plastic sheet, but it felt really hot and sticky with just a single cotton sheet on top, so I took it off after a couple of nights. I think I'll get a better one with a double-layer of terry cotton on top at some point...

Anyway, cast your votes.... NOW!

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

P.S. I've just realised... When I asked DO YOU HAVE any bed protection... what I really meant was so you DO YOU USE any bed protection. I have a plastic sheet, but I don't use it, so I voted "no - but I'd like some"...

Tiny, I found that a durable plastic sheet with a cloth mattress cover works well. When leaking or accidents happen, you still have to clean bedsheets and a mattress cover, but it is totally worth it.

I have a Tempurpedic bed and a waterproof mattress cover. It's a good thing I have one because the bed would have been ruined many times over if I didn't

I use these and are good and do not sweat a lot and also use the bed mats! drynites bed mats, from boots.

Silentnight Waterproof Mattress from Wilkinson store!

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/bin/ven...ttype=pdxttype

Quote Originally Posted by Jdp View Post
    Tiny, I found that a durable plastic sheet with a cloth mattress cover works well. When leaking or accidents happen, you still have to clean bedsheets and a mattress cover, but it is totally worth it.
    I'm such an idiot... I have a cloth mattress cover too, and I never even thought about putting the plastic sheet under that! Duh!

But then I don't usually wet in bed, so 95% of the time I don't really need waterproof sheets. I'd just feel better knowing I was protected... and I like the crinkle

Yuki9689

I have a waterproof sheet on my bed, got it when my mom bought new mattresses for me and my sister. She told us to keep them on the bed so that we could return the mattresses if we didn't like them (she knows that we don't wet the bed). She still makes us use them so that the mattresses don't get ruined anytime soon (not that they would)

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

I do like it though.

I have a washable bed pad. It makes peeing more relaxing. Quick clean up if the diaper leaks.

I have a waterproof matress protector that is a cloth covered plastic sheet. I find it too hot in the summer months and steamvac my mattress if leaks are an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I'm such an idiot... I have a cloth mattress cover too, and I never even thought about putting the plastic sheet under that! Duh!

But then I don't usually wet in bed, so 95% of the time I don't really need waterproof sheets. I'd just feel better knowing I was protected... and I like the crinkle
    If it's a mattress cover, even though it's cloth it should protect the mattress. Mine is cloth on top, but plastic on the back side. It's not especially noticeable, and to sleep on it, no would know that it's a mattress protector. Like others here, it's a good thing I have one because my plastic pants have leaked on a few occasions.

Mh bed is protected if my diaper should leak so i only need to wash some things.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk