View Poll Results: What was the climate of your babyhood?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warm

31 43.66%
  • Cold

46 64.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Climate of your babyhood?

Default Climate of your babyhood?

So, in my relatively brief experience here, I couldn't help but notice something. Most groups, or locations are all centered in fairly cold climates (Northern US, Canada, Northern Europe). While I currently live in the south US, I spent the early years of my life in Hartford, CT.

I have to wonder if perhaps there's something to this. I mean, a thick warm diaper would probably seem more inviting on a cold day, as opposed to when it's hot and humid out.

So anyway, I was just curious.

Interesting theory!
    This is a new take on AB/DL beginings, but I would lean more on the fact that all those places are considered western culture.

Interesting theory!
    This is a new take on AB/DL beginings, but I would lean more on the fact that all those places are considered western culture.
    true, but... how would I sample that. The people on here speak predominately English... And also im pretty sure the east has cold places too ;P

Since I live in Texas I voted for warm but I live in North West Texas so it is also cold half the time

Well I live in Australia and it's pretty well known how hot it gets here :p

But I can see your point, a lot of days I won't want to because of the heat.

I was born in Massachusetts on Thanksgiving day during a major snow storm. I moved to NH when I was 2 and lived there until I was 30. (I live in Maine now) So I am definitely a New Englander and from a cold climate

I think it has more to do with the fact that, with the exception of some parts of the United States and of Oceania most of the English speakers on the Internet appear to be from cold or temperate climates. Its probably just selection bias.

Sent from my iPhone

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Its probably just selection bias.
    That's basically what it is.

Taking the largest countries, there's a combined population of roughly 400 million for the UK, Canada and USA, not to mention the rest of Northern & Western Europe. But only a population of roughly 30 million for Australia and New Zealand.

It's no doubt you see a larger portion of temperate/colder climate people on the internet in general. I'd even throw NZ into that lot too, basically leaving Southern USA and Australia as the only representatives for perpetually warm climates on here.

The chilly South Dakota. But this has been a very very dry winter. Which sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    The chilly South Dakota. But this has been a very very dry winter. Which sucks
    I know what you mean. It has been very dry here in Maine as well. We have had very little snow this winter. Last night was our largest snowstorm so far this winter and in my area we ended up with about 5inches. What's also odd is the fact that it's been quite warm. Normally we have several weeks of below zero degree Fahrenheit temperatures but so far we've only had a handful of days were it was that cold