Thread: Buyer Beware at "nicediaper.com?"

Default Buyer Beware at "nicediaper.com?"

This is in regard to the closed thread "Good site - nicediaper.com?" I don't know how else to address that thread (being closed) but I want to add my comments to it. I placed an order with Nicediaper.com in late 2010. The order came to $298.81. The order was shipped in a relatively reasonable time considering it came from China to the US. About 3 weeks I believe. I've noticed that any item ordered from Nicediaper.com, cost just about 75% of the item being ordered. So, what starts out looking like a great bargain turns out not so great a bargain when you get to the checkout and see the shipping charges. For reference my total order was actually $174.90, shipping was $108. and a paypal exchange rate was another $16.81. For the grand total of $298.81. However, the order was not complete. The most expensive thing on the order was for a package of 3 pcs. which cost at that time, about $26. Not bad until you add the shipping to each item that is ordered. The shipping for this item alone was about $20. When I contacted Nicediaper about the incomplete order, they said (in broken english writing) that he would look into it and get back to me. Well, they never did. I contacted them again and again, and it was simply ignored. So I lost almost $50 on that order. Which made the entire order not a bargain at all. The items I did receive were nice. Good quality, good design, etc. But everything is sized a bit small. I ordered everything Medium as that is my size with a 33" waist. I should have ordered everything in Large. Some things were so tight that they ended up tearing rather quickly and others barely covered a diaper properly. The velcro wraparound diapers ate too tight in a medium if you wear a medium. My advice, go to the next size up. And buyer beware. You may be out of luck if you have any problems with your order. You can't call them, don't speak your language most likely and emails are easy to ignore once they have your payment.
    I've also noticed since that time, ND has adopted a new pricing strategy. The shipping is now imbedded into the item cost. Of course it is called-Free Shipping. And since late 2010, this site must have really taken off since the prices are astronomically higher than they were not to long ago. You will no longer find any bargains there. The line of item has also changed, many of the items that were really nice are no longer available. But they have now added the Japanese style diaper covers that wrap around and snap close separately. Probably the only place you can purchase those if you live in the US. I hope this review helps if you plan to order from them.

Mentioning "broken english" when posting a wall of text, nice.

Seriously without paragraphs it's really hard to read since the letters are so tightly compact.

Air mail from China isn't cheap. Before you plunk down your money it tells you the price. Quit your bellyaching. Nicediaper does OK.

I've noticed that these products often turn up on Ebay. I think if I wanted some, that's where I'd go looking. At least you would avoid some of these pitfalls, unless that order was coming from China and had large shipping costs. Then I simply wouldn't purchase them.

If shipping from China isn't cheap how do all the ebay sellers manage to have free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Air mail from China isn't cheap. Before you plunk down your money it tells you the price.
    i thought the same thing. Every laptop I've ever bought shipped from China for something in that neighborhood price-wise. A laptop box and diapers aren't too fat apart in terms of size and weight.

---------- Post added at 02:41 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    If shipping from China isn't cheap how do all the ebay sellers manage to have free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Shipping being worked into the overall peice. Plus shipping for say a flash card or something small, lightweight is way cheaper to ship then a 15-40 pound box of diapers. Plus it's international shipping and has to clear customs.

I know anything I order from Deal Extreme (hong kong) takes 7-14 working days to get to me.