Thread: Outdoorzy girl

Default Outdoorzy girl

Well going on and day dreaming and hoping I'm camping this year, I came across this thought in my head of someday camping as a girl.

However, although I was greatly intrigued by this, my mind was trying to figure how I (or someone) would go about this. Most cloths that would makes you look feminine (as brought to you by our oh so great society), seem to be cloths like dresses and and thing like that. But anyone who has gone camping should know, that wouldn't last even pitching up a tent yet alone hiking fishing, mountain climbing or rappelling or anything.

So does anyone know how would one make them self look like a convincible girl, while camping (I know there are some skirts that would work for causal camping/just for wearing around the encampment)?

Usually when a girl goes camping it is shorts, skorts, or maybe shortalls. There are not a lot of girls I know who wear skirts to go camping. I know I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbabyheather View Post
    Usually when a girl goes camping it is shorts, skorts, or maybe shortalls. There are not a lot of girls I know who wear skirts to go camping. I know I never do.
    Well it wasn't really a skirt I was thinking of, more or less a kilt.
    For most people who crossdress, they usually use things that are more or less depicted by society as gender specific, to make them look more like that specific gender. IE males wanting to be female, would dress in skirts, or feminine clothing and use makeup, but as you can see those would not work for a camping trip.

So I guess the real question resides as, what would makes a male look like a natural female (So with no makeup or etc.), and be durable enough to survive the trip of course.

Well, a Utilikilt could possibly do it, as they are made of durable material. So the kilt looks like a skirt, but guys can get away with wearing it and all is right in the world.

I've got Columbia microfiber skirts for just this. They are durable, and I've got two lengths. One falls to the lower thigh and is a little closer to a 'pencil skirt', but not quite. The other is mid-calf and has lots more room.

Then there's this: Amazon.com: Women's Woodland Knee Length Skirt: Clothing
    I've got two of these, one in girl-color cammo (pink, grey,etc.) and one plain OD green they're both knee length, and look great over a pair of jeans or tights.

Alos, there's 5.11 tactical pants. They can only *kind-of* give you that girl-look you want, but they are extremely durable.

You might want to consider a romper or short-all, as well. Both can be made of durable fabric like denim but are considered feminine garments. I have a friend with a bibbed denim short-all with Winnie-the-Pooh appliques on it that would be perfect for camping.

for camping the std girl scout out door skirt my mom was a troop lader for many years I often got to participate instead of having of be a boy scout, and on occasion dress the part the gs utility skirt is great light easy to move in, pocked and belt loops, green, blue, black, brown, khaki, or white, cotton, linen, or corduroy.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOne View Post
    You might want to consider a romper or short-all, as well. Both can be made of durable fabric like denim but are considered feminine garments. I have a friend with a bibbed denim short-all with Winnie-the-Pooh appliques on it that would be perfect for camping.
    These are a good way to wear over diapers as well. I use them when hiking in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by asayuu View Post
    for camping the std girl scout out door skirt my mom was a troop lader for many years I often got to participate instead of having of be a boy scout, and on occasion dress the part the gs utility skirt is great light easy to move in, pocked and belt loops, green, blue, black, brown, khaki, or white, cotton, linen, or corduroy.
    Damn, you were lucky...
    me = jealous :P

If you take a look at women's clothing lines, like Eddie Bauer's Sportswear, you'll notice that the femininity of women's activewear is pretty subtle. The differences between men's and women's activewear is more in the cut and color than in the design itself. Technically, you'd be cross dressing if you wore a women's shirt, women's pants, and women's underwear, but it might not shout out "Hey! I'm a woman!" like a sun dress or skirt might.