Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another cloth diaper question

Default another cloth diaper question

I am seriously thinking about getting an "all in one" cloth diaper that has the plastic pants built in. Has anyone used this all in one type before & how do you like them. are they comfortable? is the built in plastic noisy?
    Thanks.

I can't say I've used them with any frequency. I do have one with a PUL cover, so mine is quiet. Mine doesn't fit quite right, so I don't use it that often, but my impression from the couple times I have used it is that it's only good for a couple of wettings.

The big thing is that it's harder to wash and dry because of all that fabric. After you've run it through the dryer you'll have to hang dry it for a day.

I am not a heavy wetter so I think this would work well for me. just worried about the comfort & noise. I don't want to dump a ton of money on this & not be able to use it.

It might be useful to think about the washing and drying a bit more carefully - perhaps after reading the manufacturers washing instructions - how things like this are laundered has a big effect on their useful life and -as you rightly say - kitting our with them is a big investment. I would also say that getting a good fit is essential for leak protection and it is not often these kinds of diaper/pants combinations work really well unless you can be really sure of the correct fitting.

babykins sell those there are some on ebay too trying them out let you know when they get here.

I have a number of them from Nice Diaper with PUL and PVC covering. As I am a heavy wetter I allways use a booster and wear plastic pants as I sometimes leak through the sides at the bottom. But I find they do work well

I have a simple aio that I occasionally use if I am going to need a little protection in the daytime, its a snap fit with good elastic so the size fits well and absorbs a decent about close to that of an abena M2 and isn't that bulky and is very quiet. the only trouble i ever have with it is the laundering as I have to dry them very carefully. I think I got it on ebay a year ago and as long as its taken care of will hold up a bit longer, cost was about 20ish dollars.

I have two of the Babykins AIO. They're great!
    The 'plastic' part isn't really plastic as we'd imagine. It has the texture of -- almost pressed bamboo... it's still plastic, but it thicker, and feels woven. It doesn't make a dang sound though. They're pretty thick when you wear them, so unless you to puff out, you wouldn't wear them under regular clothes.
    The cloth part is actually only attached at the front and back, leaving the majority separated from the plastic part. What this means is that it's actually really easy to stuff it if you need more absorption -- but the *real* benefit is that it dries much, much faster than other AIO diapers.
    I've had one for a year, (the second I ordered recently) and it's held up very well.
    I toss them into the wash with the other cloth diapers, and then use a skirt hanger to hang them dry. They'll dry while I'm at work, and I toss them into the dryer on low for a few minutes to get them fluffy and warm before I put one on for the night.
    If you're small enough, (less than 28 inch waist, smaller thighs) you should try the Kushies AIO. it's a traditional pull on, but they're really comfortable, really well made and they only make just a bit of noise. They're not too thick and could be worn under regular clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    babykins sell those there are some on ebay too trying them out let you know when they get here.
    cool, yeah I saw that site too. amazon said they only had like 2 left in medium. I hope they are good. they look real nice on the web site.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by onikitsune View Post
    I have two of the Babykins AIO. They're great!
    The 'plastic' part isn't really plastic as we'd imagine. It has the texture of -- almost pressed bamboo... it's still plastic, but it thicker, and feels woven. It doesn't make a dang sound though. They're pretty thick when you wear them, so unless you to puff out, you wouldn't wear them under regular clothes.
    The cloth part is actually only attached at the front and back, leaving the majority separated from the plastic part. What this means is that it's actually really easy to stuff it if you need more absorption -- but the *real* benefit is that it dries much, much faster than other AIO diapers.
    I've had one for a year, (the second I ordered recently) and it's held up very well.
    I toss them into the wash with the other cloth diapers, and then use a skirt hanger to hang them dry. They'll dry while I'm at work, and I toss them into the dryer on low for a few minutes to get them fluffy and warm before I put one on for the night.
    If you're small enough, (less than 28 inch waist, smaller thighs) you should try the Kushies AIO. it's a traditional pull on, but they're really comfortable, really well made and they only make just a bit of noise. They're not too thick and could be worn under regular clothes.
    do ya have a link?

The best I used where from snapEz (they make them for adult). They are pocket diapers
    But you have to put a lot of stuffers to make them adequate for flooding. Normal incontinence with small voidings will work well.
    They are super confortable.

I got 2 all in one and I don't recommand them simply because they are harder to clean and dry. You can't scale the thickness to your needs. And they are often very low quality.

The most absorbant where the prefolds with a plastic pant on top....