Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever wear during an acutal colonoscopy and not just for the prep?

cravethesecurefeelin

Default Anyone ever wear during an acutal colonoscopy and not just for the prep?

I have another colonoscopy coming up a few weeks and I was thinking of actually wearing during the procedure. I was just wondering if I should tell the Nurse and/or Dr. that I have one on or let me find it when I go under? I was leaning towards not telling them letting just put me to sleep. The Nurse might find it when she props me up on my side with the foam to keep me from rolling over while I'm asleep but I'd love to fall asleep with one still on. Has anyone ever tried anything like this before? If the Dr. asks about it afterwards I was just going to say that I have diapers because I still wet the bed when I'm drunk sometimes and that I felt that I might soil myself before the procedure because of the prep. Wear or not wear? Tell them before I'm put out or not tell?

Unless you really need them for a medical reason, i wouldnt wear to get scoped. I take it you have already had one in the past and didn't go 'padded up' so that will raise a few questions.
    Also, you are kinda involving a non-cooperative person in your fetish. I like wearing noisy diapers in public, so i dont have much of a leg to stand on, but people are not forced to pull down my diaper either. If it was me, i'd say no!

Umm...I've never had this particular procedure. But since when do they put people to sleep for a colonoscopy? They will give you IV fluids and a mild sedative to 'relax' you, but that's about it.
    Also, as part of the 'prep' you'd be asked to remove any clothing from the waist down (possibly allowed to keep your socks) and put in a "johnny shirt". So there's not much chance the doctor would ever see your diaper, and the nurse, only if you left it lying about (but that would be just rude to leave a used diaper just lying about).
    If you're really intent on wearing a diaper as part of the 'procedure' I guess you could wear one the day before the colonoscopy when you have to take the 'drink' to clear your colon. (My mum had to drink this and she said it wasn't bad...then again it was apparently lemon flavoured and she liked lemony stuff.) Of course, only do this if you like MESSY diapers.
    If you don't need it...don't wear it. That's my advice, such as it is.

Yes, I have. It is in my medical record that I am incontinent. They untapped the diaper as they were putting me under. A nurse put a new diaper on me when I was starting to come out of it. Was really weird for me because I had never been 'under' before.

I've had a lot of these, alas. The anesthesia of choice, for the doctor anyway, is Versed---also known as "concious sedation". Essentially it causes amnesia; it's not that you aren't aware, it's that you don't remember. (I have momentary glimpses, but I've taken to actually working on remembering as I come out just to see if it's possible.)

But I can confirm the strip from the waste down. (My outpatient surgery gives you footies with non-slip treads.)
    I doubt you could manage to wear into the procedure room. It's not like they don't know what you've got on before they start the IV.

In any case, I'd agree with everyone else. This is a very bad idea. It's certainly not going to be enjoyable for anyone but you, and I really doubt it'll be enjoyable for you, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Umm...I've never had this particular procedure. But since when do they put people to sleep for a colonoscopy? They will give you IV fluids and a mild sedative to 'relax' you, but that's about it.
    I went through one and they certainly put me under. It was a great drug, too, whatever it was. I have been under before, but coming out of it previously, I was groggy and nauseous. After the colonoscopy, I immediately came to and felt remarkably refreshed. Really, the best nap I've ever had.

As for wearing a diaper, I would reference the typical etiquette: consider your audience and act accordingly. Do you think it would put the nurse and doctor in an awkward spot? Is it worth a bit of enjoyment on your part to make them feel unsure of what's going on?

Also, consider how it could throw off the procedure. After the miserable, insufferable prep before-hand, there wasn't 'much left to get out' and I trust you know what I am referencing. If they put you out and raise up your robe to see you in padding, they might grow concerned, thinking that you didn't prep enough or perhaps you have some underlying medical issue they weren't aware of but might be aggravated by the colonoscopy.

It's one thing to wear one to a check-up that has nothing to do with that part of you; I'm not recommending it, but I can't see much trouble coming from it. Here, though, you're talking about a fairly serious procedure. When it was me, I was looking to cut as much risk and uncertainty out of it as possible; I fear that this might run counter to that.

Consider all the possible outcomes and then decide if it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I went through one and they certainly put me under. It was a great drug, too, whatever it was. I have been under before, but coming out of it previously, I was groggy and nauseous. After the colonoscopy, I immediately came to and felt remarkably refreshed. Really, the best nap I've ever had.
    Hmm...must be some odd American thing...anything to get more money, I guess. *shrugs* There's certainly no reason to be 'put under' for such a simple procedure. Ah well, to each their own. I still stand by the 'don't do it/it's a waste of time' stance from my previous post tho'.

funseeker

This is one of those not so fun experiences that we all have to do sooner or later. I called ahead of time to check out the diaper situation and they did not have any. The solution was to bring my own. They would not let me drive myself home until 24 hours later. As usual I had to be prepared.

beachboy42

I had a colonoscopy 4 months ago. I had to drink 2 litres of a laxative fluid until my poo was as clear as water. I think I went at least 15 times to the bath room during this pre op. Should I have worn a diaper, the nurse would never keep up cleaning me up. And I don't think they would be very cheerfull cleaning up that kind of mess. Even a M4 would struggle to keep up with all the fluids. And then the smell. I'm not even talking of possible leaking.

After a 4 hour emptying my colon, I was ready. There was nothing left in me to come out. They completely sedated me and did their job. Wearing a diaper at that moment, would only complicate the procedure.

The only people I think wearing diapers for this procedure, are physical disabled people. And that's not for fun but out of necessity.

So I join the people above in their view on this matter.

I wore a diaper during my prep time the night before. I wore a pull on so I didn't have to use it, just wore it in case of an accident. I also wore one to the hospital, but when they told me to strip I took it off and threw it in the trash. I had packed a new one for afterwards, and when they told me to get dressed my wife helped me put it and the rest of my clothes on. The doctor/nurses didn't know and didn't need to know.