Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shy Bladder

Default Shy Bladder

Anyone else have this little bugger?

For those of you unaware, it is when it's hard to use the bathroom around other people or in public restrooms, etc.

Mine has been a little wanker lately, especially since I'm going to a new school. It shucks not being able to use a bathroom when all you want to do is pee :|

No, I don't have this problem, but I would be interested in a study as to why it is customary for men to "skip a urinal" when there is someone else peeing in the men's room. And why is it upsetting when someone ignores this custom and stands at the urinal next to you instead of skipping to the next one?

Yes I have shy bladder. Bad enough to sometimes wait till the bathroom is empty. Although It has to do with who I'm around to because I don't Have the problem if it is someone from one of my classes.

I have a shy bladder. Luckily, I also have a large bladder so more often than not I can just wait; I've never had to use bathrooms at school.

Just use a cubicle if you can.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Yes I have shy bladder. Bad enough to sometimes wait till the bathroom is empty. Although It has to do with who I'm around to because I don't Have the problem if it is someone from one of my classes.
    Funny - for me, it'd be the other way around. I'd be more reserved using the bathroom around people I know. If they're complete strangers, I don't seem to have a problem. Like when I'm in crowded places (soccer stadium) and people line up for ages, I seem to do fine when I gotta go pee. However, I don't use urinals - if I felt like showing the whole world how I pee, I'd videotape that and upload it to the internet So the toilet stalls are my friends...which probably explains why I hated those bars back in the U.S. that wouldn't provide toilet stalls for their customers. Honestly - who wants to take a crap when half the city watches?!

As for learning how to get rid of your shy bladder? I'm no expert on that, but I guess it's all about simultaneously becoming more relaxed about your toilet habits and forcing yourself to go in situations you used to avoid.
    Or try reading this link: Overcoming Shy/Overtrained Bladders

Peachy

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    As for learning how to get rid of your shy bladder? I'm no expert on that, but I guess it's all about simultaneously becoming more relaxed about your toilet habits and forcing yourself to go in situations you used to avoid.
    Or try reading this link: Overcoming Shy/Overtrained Bladders

Peachy
    Now then... you see... shy bladders are an evil brought into this world by potty training.

Definitely got a shy bladder. I have problems going to the toilet if I know the people or not. I have to use a cubicle or I just can't go. I also have difficulty going if there are other people around, even when I am in a cubicle. This the same at school where I know people or at a random service station where I don't know anyone.

I'm OK with useing a public restroom if I'm with someone I know, but it's gets quite shy if I don't.

But if I'm already going when someone comes in, I hurry to get on with it, and get out of there, what I usually do is watch the restroom and make a dash when I think it will stay empty for a little while, this method is a little hit and miss, so I just wind up leaving without going.

So incredibly, incredibly shy. I NEVER use urinals. If someone's in the bathroom with me, it takes me a while before I'm able to go.