Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ride Motorcycles?

Default Anyone else ride Motorcycles?

If so what do you ride?
    What kind of gear do you use?
    Any bad habits? (EX. Lane splitting)
    How often do you ride?

Ride: 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Gear: Scorpion red/white textile jacket with matching gloves and helmet with armored pants

Bad Habits: Umm LOL

How often? Not enough

Sadly a motorcycle would not be practical for me but I would love a ninja. Japanese bikes are far superior to american.

Ride: '11 skyteam v raptor 125 (cheap Van Van), next bike is gonna be a Suzuki V Strom DL650 (can't pull the cutch on many bikes after a nasty racing fall)

Gear: Arai Lid (won't use anthing else), frank thomas touring textile jacket, kevlar gloves, oxtar racing boots and ether kevlar jeans (in summer) or leather pants (in winter/rain)

Bad Habits: filtering

How often? nearly every day

good advice: alway assume anthing other than dry, warm tarmac is trying to kill you , all cars are driven by pychopaths and all pedestrians are sociopaths who want to commit suidice under you and you should be fine.

oh and always do a 'lifesaver'

I agree! People just dont watch out for us. Damn cagers lol

Right now I own a '99 Ninja ZX9R, but I'm trying to sell it to pick up an '06 Honda CRF450R dirt bike that a friend of mine is selling so I can get back to motocross. I sold my old CRF450R to get the Ninja last year and found out that I missed racing too much and I can't really afford to keep too many toys around right now. Next street bike will be a liter bike, probably a CBR1000RR.

Gear: For the street, I have an Arai Quantum F Okada (pic here), Speed & Strength Jacket, and Firstgear gloves. Planning on picking up A* gloves and boots when I get my next sport bike. For dirt, I have a Troy Lee Designs Air Medusa (pic here), Oakley Crowbar goggles, MSR jersey/pants, Deft Family gloves, A* Tech 7 boots, Leatt neck brace, and EVS knee guards.

Bad Habits: Seeing how many gears I can keep the front tire off the ground through and taking curves at triple-digits. I found out that I pretty much had to to keep up with my buddy's 10R. Luckily, he and I spent most of our time on back country roads with good pavement but very little traffic.

How often: My Ninja was my commuter to work during the summer time, so I put at least 70 miles a day on it from July through October. As for dirt riding, most of the guys I used to race with have moved away, so unfortunately I'll have to settle for just racing on weekends.
    Last edited by Brickhouse; 20-Feb-2012 at 01:39.

Ride: Was A 73 Honda SL350 but sold for a bigger bike however that never happen

Gear: Just A Leather Jacket that a friend gave me its super comfy!!

Bad Habits: Mostly speeding Sure there are others as i am still inexperienced

How often? None at all I need to get another bike. Any suggestions?

I ride a Kawasaki Versys 07 (check my profile pic)
    I think it is in the Ninja family?

Gear : EVO gore tex jacket and pants (with removable insulation), kevlar reinforced gloves, Lindstrands boots

Bad habits? Many Lane zigzaging, speeding, over taking on the wrong side etc

I ride almost every day (weather permitting), comuting to work.
    I hate winters when I have to use my Volvo

I drive more miles on my bike than my car

I agree winters do suck you should check out heated gear at motorcycle superstore i dont have any but i heard theyre awesome

Ride: 2012 Yamaha R1 and a 99 Honda 929RR both jet black

Gear: Scorpion jet black helmet, textile jacket with lv.3 armor and heavy duty Camel backpack with matching gloves and a pair of custom armored pants

Bad Habits: likes to ride willies in between cars when they slow me down and other reckless stuff

Don't get to ride any more. Used to go out 3 or 4 times a week with my ex-husband. He bought a 1976 Kawasaki KZ650 in the winter of 1995 with all original chrome (the dual pipes were hung over a rafter in a barn...the rest of the bike was in pieces in the barn), a horrible paint job (black metal flake), and a completely seized engine. The following summer we were riding it...engine ticking like a top, paint job restored to 'oriignal' (Kawi red with gold pin-striping) and chrome polished. We even joined a club which we rode with nearly every weekend (weather permitting).
    I honestly can't remember the make of my helmet, but it was full-face, and we both wore leather jackets, gloves & boots...occasionally leather chaps, too.
    Bad habits? I guess encouraging him to race with some kids on their sport bikes is probably the worst thing I did. LOL
    I do miss riding. He still has the bike. My younger daughter had some of her grad/prom pics taken on the bike! hehehe