Thread: Hello, world

Default Hello, world

Hello Everybody,

Well after more than a modicum of lurking, it's time to show myself. As the name implies, I'm not much of a social butterfly, especially when it comes to my AB side; I've never really felt the need to tell the world, but recently I am getting an urge to emerge from my cocoon and mix in the community, a little bit, at least. (Living in the UK for the last few years away from friends and family has accentuated that urge somewhat.) I've looked at a few online fora wondering which I should commit to and this place looks appealing with a good mix of people and diverse conversation in it.

As much as I dislike the term, I'm best described as a geek. I've been into electronics, computers and audio since an early age and like like nothing better than a good tinker in the shed, tempered with music, cooking and travel (not all at the same time.) I've been an AB for years and am fortunate enough to have a partner who loves me for what I am and encourages me to be myself, even if he doesn't entirely understand it himself.

I also seem to have developed a habit of buying a new teddy whenever I travel to a new city/country. The collection is starting to get embarrasingly large now.

Anyway, that's my world; apologies for the lurking, I'm not a pervert or a sicko, just...

Thanks for posting an introduction. Welcome! This is a great community.

Welcome to ADISC! I hope you have a great time here, and make lots of new friends. n.n

And don't worry. The feeling of being shy, at least about posting here, tends to go away after a while. At least, I think it does. >_>;

Neonite already said it, but I'll say it again anyway... just for sh!ts and giggles

A lot of people come here and are quite shy, but once you get to know people and get into the ways and wonders of posting and sharing your own views in threads, you become waaay more relaxed.

And I have no doubt you'll come to love this forum just as much as I do, or any of the regular users. Although in my case it's bordering on addiction O_0

So, aye. If you got any questions, or just fancy a chat, drop me or anyone a PM or profile message. We're a right friendly bunch, we don't bite... too much

Welcome to ADISC. I'm sure you'll find it rather enjoyable here. We are quite a friendly bunch for the most part, so don't be too worried about being shy.

Thanks all for your replies;

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    And I have no doubt you'll come to love this forum just as much as I do, or any of the regular users. Although in my case it's bordering on addiction O_0
    I tend to alternate between addiction and neglect when it comes to new things, though the last time that happened with online chat was the great IRC epidemic of '96 (or at least it felt like an epidemic at the time)

Hopefully you'll see me around for a good while, yet.

Don't worry, I was shy at first too, now look at me. ^^
    I'm talking to everyone. ^^

Just a friendly observation by way of Mr. Morrissey of the Smiths:

Shyness is nice, but shyness can stop you
    From doing all the things in life that you'd like to

Anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you'll find it a good and useful place.