• Support

32 91.43%
  • Against

2 5.71%
  • Unsure / Don't Care

1 2.86%

Thread: Same Sex Marriages?

Default Same Sex Marriages?

That thread going on right now about same sex marriages inspires me to do the poll version see who's support, against, unsure/don't care.... just for curiosity to see ADISC's version of the poll.

I think the options here are too simple, as there are really two questions in the debate:
    1) Should gay couples be able to have a legally recognised partnership with the same benefits as marriage?
    2) If so, should it be called "marriage"?

I think there are quite a number of people who have no objection in principle to a same sex couple having a legally recognised partnership. But at the same time they may believe, due to the bible or whatever they wish to quote, that marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
    If you fell into that category you'd have to vote against, but your viewpoint differs vastly from someone who is against same sex partnerships full stop. The options here can't reflect that.

I'm assuming Emmy only made this thread to poll the topic. Let's keep conversation to the existing thread.

Okay, maybe I should have added "civil unions only" option but unfortunately I can't edit the poll. My bad.