Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I always seem to have a wet diaper,which leads to a rash, need help

Default I always seem to have a wet diaper,which leads to a rash, need help

Everytime i go to change my diaper,it always seem to be wet. i change farely quick after wetting, but i always seem to develop diaper rashes. I always use powder in my diaper,and use rash cream,and i still develop a rash, it constantly happens anyone have any thoughts

What type of powder, cream, and so on do you use?

I use unscented baby powder,and zinc diaper rash cream

When I wear, I drink lots of water. This helps dilute urine, so you don't end up with a rash as easily.

Ilovedia,
    How often are you actually wearing? I've been wearing (100% overnights+more) for all of 2012 and i've not really had an issue. I'm almost always going to sleep in a slightly wet diaper and waking up in a soaked one.

I do use liberal amounts of powder and on occasion I have to dab some desitin in places.

Over the weekend I went to see a movie and "forgot" to put powder on my diaper before I put it on, by the time I got home (really <3h total) I already was developing a nasty rash. I honestly had no idea how much more sensitive my skin was after 2 months of wearing and how much baby powder helped.

im wearing them 24/7 now, for about 2 years now,and still get rashes with even powder

I use Blue Star Ointment at every diaper change. I haven't had a rash since I started using it a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovedia View Post
    Everytime i go to change my diaper,it always seem to be wet. i change farely quick after wetting, but i always seem to develop diaper rashes. I always use powder in my diaper,and use rash cream,and i still develop a rash, it constantly happens anyone have any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovedia View Post
    I use unscented baby powder,and zinc diaper rash cream

Okay, I'm gonna answer this as a mother...don't use powder! Powder is best rubbed on the tummy or back and NOT on the diaper area. Powder clogs pores, and absorbs urine (clogging it in the pores).

Make sure when you change that you wash the entire diaper area (don't just wipe off with a babywipe). Then make sure that you are completely dry (air drying occasionally will help, too) before applying the zinc cream to the entire 'area'.

I find using moisturizing lotion works the best to prevent getting a rash. Non scented is best.

PaddedPuppy

Have you tried using a different diaper? Maybe the ones you are using right now are of poor quality and not absorbing it all away from your skin. Or it could be that you have really sensitive skin like me, And the material of some diapers gets irritated by it, and creates a similar sort of rash. If you haven't tried a different brand of diaper, I advise you to do so.

You say you wear 24/7. If possible try to give yourself some time out of a diaper for a little while each day. If that area is always covered in something trapping heat, pee and sweat its going to cause you some problems.

Remember you have to keep very clean. If you have the time, try to wash twice a day. It keeps you clean and gives your body that extra time out of diapers. When you have washed, make sure you are totally dry.

Between changes, a wet wipe will help leave it cleaner and a little fresher, then use the cream if needed.

Something I have noticed is that powder doesn't do much, and starts to smell bad after being wet for a while. I haven't seen it do anything bad to my skin, but haven't seen it be of use either. Try not using it maybe?

Thats all I can think of that has helped me, Hopefully my suggestions are useful to you.