Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good diapers in Canada

Default Good diapers in Canada

Hey all,

So I live in the vast Arctic wasteland of Canada, and I hear folks on here talking about these amazing diapers made by Abena, Molicare, et al. My question is...does anyone know where to find these in Canada? My main stop for diapers has been Shoppers' Drug Mart, where the options are Depend, Tena, and some rather awful store brands. I've tried a few other drug stores (Rexall, Pharma Plus) without success.

Any other Canadians have any idea where to find some of the better brands?

It has been my experience that the 'best' diapers to be found in Canada are found at medical supply shops. That said, I believe the only way you can get Abena, Molicare, etc. in Canada is to order them online and have them shipped here.
    Sorry...that doesn't seem all that helpful, but it's the best I can do.

PS Don't knock store brands 'til you've tried 'em :P I actually preferred the "Exact" brand available in not too distant years past at "SuperStore" pharmacy (Not sure if they still offer them tho').

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    PS Don't knock store brands 'til you've tried 'em :P I actually preferred the "Exact" brand available in not too distant years past at "SuperStore" pharmacy (Not sure if they still offer them tho').
    I've actually been wondering about those, are they actually any good? I've been kinda eyeing them, wondering if I should try them...

EDIT: More on topic; In my experience I've never seen anything beyond TENA in stores. I've heard you can get some pharmacies to special order them for you, but that sounds like a hassle to me. Best bet, if possible, is online. B4NS Has (or had >.>) Bambinos among other things.

If you live in Calgary, the Co-op Medical store on Macleod sells Abenas.

b4ns.com is taking preorders on Bambinos as of today. They even have the new line of Bellissimos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryger View Post
    You can also get them if you got to the warehouse for Shoppers Home Healthcare in the NE by the SUN building. I am not sure what else they have besides the whole Tranquility line.

Medical supply store are definately the way to go in Canada. The population density is too low for cheap shipping like they have in the states so store can actually make money carrying good diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryger View Post
    I wish I knew that! I used to live just a block away from that Co-Op.... it was years ago though.

By the way, to answer the question, I used to get Zellers store brand diapers (Truly), and would recommend you that. Unfortunately, they stop making it apparently. It doesn't matter much since Zellers stores will cease this year anyway. That was best store brand diapers I have tried.

Aside that, best way to get good quality diapers would be though online stores like B4NS or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    It has been my experience that the 'best' diapers to be found in Canada are found at medical supply shops. That said, I believe the only way you can get Abena, Molicare, etc. in Canada is to order them online and have them shipped here.
    Sorry...that doesn't seem all that helpful, but it's the best I can do.

Don't bother, picked some up last summer. Actually got worse. The new store brand at walmart is not bad. And the new package of life brand at shoppers is quite a bit bigger, going to try some out one of these days.

There is always the plan of making a friend that lives on the U.S. side of the border, then using their address for shipping from U.S. based establishments. That also gives you an excuse to get together for dinner or drinks or whatever. At least, this plan works for an ABDL friend of mine in Windsor, since we both live about 15 minutes from the Detroit-Windsor crossings.

I really wish I could find decent diapers in Canada. I would order them, but by the time you factor in shipping it is certainly not worth it. I'm glad that I can at least get Tena's in my town. I think B4NS is probably the best bet in Canada.

-Ron