Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breathable diaper?

Default Breathable diaper?

In your opinion, which diaper are more "breathable"? I stop wearing them months ago because I keep getting rash and redness around my privates, even when I don't pee in them, I still have those. so I know urine isn't the problem.

Keep in the mind that I am a girl with GRS (gender reassignment surgery). So maybe it made my privates ultra sentitive or something, I think. I don't know really.

Any thoughts? I miss wearing diapers time to time but I don't want to have rash or discomfort due to redness to come back.

That sounds strange. Should it dont help you to dont get rash?

Yeah I know it's strange... =( Oh well, look like I might have to try few different brands and see which one the best for me.

Try a barrier cream (Sudocrem or something like that).

Vroeger

Actually you should get the diapers that are not breathable. They're better to prevent rashes. I speak from experience.

I would use a cream and change as soon as you are wet to avoid rashes.

PS: I see that you are from BC, Canada. Do you like to go skiing or snowboarding? I went to Blackcomb/Whistler once, it was so beautiful there!

I would imagine the last thing anyone would actually make is a breathable diaper ... it would let the smell out

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    I stop wearing them months ago because I keep getting rash and redness around my privates, even when I don't pee in them, I still have those. so I know urine isn't the problem..
    The fact that you are getting diaper rash without using them makes me think that you may have a skin allergy to one of the materials in the diapers themselves? I've heard of these happening before. You should consult a doctor or a dermatologist about whether or not thats the case (if you are brave enough )

Either that or try Balmex, desitin, or Vasoline. Apply in generous amounts on and around the areas that are getting the redness.

Good luck.

I'd recommend cotton cloth diapers and non-vinyl plastic pants (PUL, is likely to be your only other option.) And a good diaper ointment. I like the generic versions of A&D ointment, which originally was based of fish oil, I think (lots of good omega-3 fatty acids). I also use zinc oxide based ointments sometimes, which may be less of an alergy risk. Keep yourself well greased any you'll likely be OK, but you're going to have to experiment to find what you're not sensitive to.
    Last edited by adasterix; 13-Feb-2012 at 01:53. Reason: more appropriate language?