View Poll Results: How sexually arousing is your attraction to diapers?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm MALE and wear diapers predominantly because they are sexually arousing

22 24.18%
  • I'm MALE and wear diapers both because they are arousing and for psychological/emotional need

47 51.65%
  • I'm MALE and diapers are almost exclusively an emotional/psychological thing (not sexual)

13 14.29%
  • I'm FEMALE and wear diapers predominantly because they are sexually arousing

0 0%
  • I'm FEMALE and wear diapers both because they are arousing and for psychological/emotional need

5 5.49%
  • I'm FEMALE and diapers are almost exclusively an emotional/psychological thing (not sexual)

4 4.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexual/emotional reasons for AB/DL-ism in males and females

Smile Sexual/emotional reasons for AB/DL-ism in males and females

To test a theory I have (see below), if it's not a weird or rude question, I'd really appreciate it if you could vote in the poll above to indicate your sex and say whether the reason you wear diapers is to satisfy more of a sexual urge or an emotional/psychological need?

The theory relates to whether or not you have external genitals, so that's the definition of male & female, rather than perceived gender or whatever, if you'd be so kind...?

Thanks in advance

Here's the theory:

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    There certainly seem to be a lot more males than females on AB/DL sites. I'd guess it could be around 20:1, but it's so hard to say. Anyway, I have one (completely untested) theory as to why this might be the case:

In my (limited) experience, there are more females that are into the cute, infantile aspect, and also more who don't even use nappies (crazy, huh? ). And there are a greater proportion of males that find AB/DL-ism predominantly sexual and have a more "intense" interest.

Since a gentleman's under-danglings are on the outside of his body, the rubbing of a nappy probably causes more arousal of the sexual organs than in females. And since the state of sexual arousal can be intense (or at least more intense than innocent tactile pleasure), maybe men are more likely to have an intense sexual attraction to nappies... While women are more likely to be satisfying a more emotional/psychological need...?

So I wonder if, because it's less intense in women and less sexual, it's less likely to be something they dwell on and develop a craving for... Or if they do, but because of the lesser intensity, the lack of confusion regarding sexual connotation, and the greater social acceptance for women (rather than men) to do childish things, that means that fewer women are driven to find an online community...?
    Link: https://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topi...tml#post822760

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    Interesting theorey.
    Thanks! We're gonna need some ladies to vote, though or the results will be inconclusive...

(I'm beginning to think that repelling women is a natural talent of mine... )

My need for wearing diapers is one that involves an emotional need for them. I am a straight woman in her 40s and I believe my desire to wear is due to the fact that I have had a very difficlut childhood emotionally speaking. I'm looking to recreate a happy childhood in my mind and thereby rewrite my history and memories to one that is positive in nature.

I voted that I'm both a male and I only use diapers and AB-related things strictly for stress relief and emotional release. Diapers are non-sexual to me.

I actually find I regress fairly hard, for a long period of time, after I endure a stressful period of time. The more stress I have, the harder and longer I regress.

Thanks to everyone who's voted. I'm a bit puzzled by my own interests... I started wanted to wear nappies long before puberty, so originally the need was completely emotional... Then puberty hit and, as a teenage boy, you have so many crazy hormones pumping through your body that it's hard not to be spontaneously aroused whilst walking down the street, let alone putting on a nappy! So I guess I started to associate nappies (partly) with feeling "turned on"...

I always felt weird about being aroused by nappies -- like my "inner adult" and "inner child" were in competition. Now, in my old age (after a long period of over-indulgence to try to "get it out of my system"), it's mostly emotional (but I still voted that it's a mix). I probably should have included more options in the poll for varying ratios of sexual/emotional balance...

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's comments and votes. Keep going -- we need a lot more votes to draw any kind of (tentative) conclusion!

This is an interesting topic.

I voted "I'm FEMALE and wear diapers both because they are arousing and for psychological/emotional need".

Other than for sexual purposes I like wearing diapers and regressing partly because it is relaxing for me, I find it relaxing because I feel more like I can be myself. I also sleep extremely well in diapers (I usually have a lot of trouble drifting off to sleep).

i think this is a great way however i think you will find that your results will be somewhat skewed due to actual construction of the poll. As you pointed out yourself, your own feelings about diapers has changed over period of time and i would hazard a guess that there would be others like that too. Not to mention, that whilst there are females who are ab/dl, they are (in terms of this poll) a small subset of AB/DL. Really. i think all you are asking in this poll is whether someone is male or female and whether they are ab, dl or a combination of the two. That doesn't really clearly differentiate or isolate the need that people feel sexual and or emotional/psychological areas that we use diapers to fill. Perhaps in this case, it would be better to run this poll as a on a scale of 1 to 10, what are your feelings of sexual attraction to diapers as well as asking whether the person identifies as ab or dl or a combination of the two. I think it is important to differentiate between ab and dl specifically because of the fact that most ABs have a more psychological/emotional aspect (and yes, there can also be sexual side of things too) and DLs, are more sexual. This is the reason why i am suggesting that you are really only asking whether you are AB, DL or a combination of both because the questions don't really go into enough depth in order to truly test a theory.

I must admit, whilst the idea sounds like it might have some merit, testing it accurately and properly is one of the hardest things to do. And especially more so when you are trying to prove it based upon gender of the people. Whilst the majority of the female genitalia is internal and the majority of males is external, there are still parts of the female genitalia that is external (i.e. the clitoris) and there is internal components to the males genitalia as well (i.e. the prostate). You can still get accurate results without having to compare genders (which in our case isn't something easy to do as i said before, female ab/dls, whilst out there and on these sites, are not the largest proportion of the ab/dl scene). This is why i think you should be altering the poll and separating ABs and DLs and comparing the subsets within those groups. Plus, i think identifying some sort of causation to the AB or DL tendencies and onset of age of these tendencies is probably also useful information as well.

Anyways, in terms of what you did ask, i think it is a bit hard to say that there is zero sexual feelings (at least in my case that is) because whilst the majority of mine is psychological and emotional, i can still be aroused whilst wearing them (albeit, it isn't as much as what it used to be). I still find myself a lot calmer and relaxed and able to focus when i am wearing diapers and so this is why i left my answer as psychological/emotional. Because the main reason why i do wear diapers is so that i can escape from pressures of life and sort through the emotions and the issues before i take on more.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I voted that I'm both a male and I only use diapers and AB-related things strictly for stress relief and emotional release. Diapers are non-sexual to me.

I actually find I regress fairly hard, for a long period of time, after I endure a stressful period of time. The more stress I have, the harder and longer I regress.
    Those are my exact same sentiments, as well.

It's almost as if the mind and soul needs to counteract the negativity you've built up. If things are going great, I can simply enjoy being little, but it doesn't really resonate that strongly. On the other hand, if it's been a particularly difficult stretch, when I'm in that mode, I go somewhere else. When it's all over, I feel re-made! ^^

Really interesting theory! I think I've heard it speculated that this could be part of the reason why ABDL-ism is so much more common among men, but never seen anyone try to figure it out scientifically. I'm interested in how this will turn out.

This may help explain why some people experience ABDL feelings in response to seeing diapers when they're little. Perhaps we first experienced sexual arousal as infants because of our diapers rubbing against our "parts". Then, seeing a diaper years later triggered those memories we can't recall. It seems to make sense...but let's not jump to conclusions until the survey results come through.